Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

Oh, and @AliciaStella Nice work. A couple of things though. I believe Shrek will be flattened, not gutted. This will be very reminiscent of the Transformers build. As in a fast tracked complete demo/rebuild in the middle of an operating theme park. And I believe Yoshi may be using a CitH style busbar ride system.

Ugh, if Yoshi is the same style as Cat in the Hat, this has me worried. It better be a lot more involved than Cat in the Hat. Other than Shrek, this is the worst ride in the park for me. Riding by so many blank walls. Yuck.

And I believe Yoshi may be using a CitH style busbar ride system.

Ummmm... that ain't what it "looked" like to me. :look: Perhaps notions changed, but what I saw was more a reinvention of the classic omni-mover. One after the other after the other and so on, all in locked pace throughout.

On the other hand, fj is busbar but remains in lockstep, so maybe I misread...

Ummmm... that ain't what it "looked" like to me. :look: Perhaps notions changed, but what I saw was more a reinvention of the classic omni-mover. One after the other after the other and so on, all in locked pace throughout.

On the other hand, fj is busbar but remains in lockstep, so maybe I misread...
"Simple Busbar Track" is the quote I heard. But it was in the context of someone asking if it was going to be an LPS system like SLoP. I may have jumped to the wrong conclusion though. Modern Omnimovers are tracked busbar systems. I had actually forgotten that tidbit.

Other than WDI, does anyone out there even build a classic Omnimover system anymore? I know Arrow used to but they're no longer around.

Idea: What if the Yoshi ride vehicle changed so instead of being a basic omnimover ride vehicle, it's something more unique to make it where you're "riding a Yoshi?" Something similar to E.T.'s ride vehicle except with somewhat carousel-esque seating so you're riding a Yoshi through Yoshi's Island. I don't think I've seen a dark ride do something like that before, and it'd obviously need adjustments, but it'd also be very unique. And come on, how awesome would it be to actually ride a Yoshi?

Idea: What if the Yoshi ride vehicle changed so instead of being a basic omnimover ride vehicle, it's something more unique to make it where you're "riding a Yoshi?" Something similar to E.T.'s ride vehicle except with somewhat carousel-esque seating so you're riding a Yoshi through Yoshi's Island. I don't think I've seen a dark ride do something like that before, and it'd obviously need adjustments, but it'd also be very unique. And come on, how awesome would it be to actually ride a Yoshi?
I believe that is the concept they're using. A vehicle that looks like Yoshii, but still an omnimover.

hqdefault.jpg

Sneak peak at the Yoshi vehicle

I really hope they use this as an opportunity to completely redo the entrance area for USF. IOA has the beautiful Port of Entry leading into a grand reveal of the huge IOA lagoon where you can see the landmarks of every island. USF has an unappealing studio lot with two screen rides with ugly facades.

Personally, I'd refurbish everything from the front end of the park:
- Give SLOP a New York facade, and in order to help congestion, have the entrance be on the side of the attraction facing away from the park entrance.
- Completely redo the Despicable Me facade/queue to be like USH's (if they have to, they can do a virtual queue for the attraction in the meantime).
- Redo the outside of Monsters Cafe to fit into the New York theme. They don't NEED to do anything major, but at the very least changing the aesthetic would help greatly.
- Rename the "Hollywood" Rip Ride Rockit to just the Rip Ride Rockit, and maybe give it a better queue, new music, etc. alongside that.
- Tranformers can now count as an attraction in New York. I mean, the ride itself takes place in a city. Just pretend it's a government facility in New York. It works, imo.

This way, the front of the park can now be part of New York rather than Production Central; specifically a residential New York street leading into the main part of the city. (Yes, I know the DM movies likely don't take place in New York but we can pretend.) Hollywood can stay in exactly the footprint it is now, plus being extended to have E.T./SpongeBob.
If they were to retheme that are and get ride of "Hollywood" on HRRR, they would need to do a aesthetic refurbishment on the main stage in order for the area to be cohesive in a NY theme. Currently, the stage is themed to look like the Hollywood Bowl.

If they were to retheme that are and get ride of "Hollywood" on HRRR, they would need to do a aesthetic refurbishment on the main stage in order for the area to be cohesive in a NY theme. Currently, the stage is themed to look like the Hollywood Bowl.
I didn't consider that... but I still think it'd be worth the change, IMO. Probably not worth it to UC's wallets, but worth it in my eyes to finally give the front area a cohesive theme.