Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love for "production central" to finally be a cohesive theme. I like the idea, but it's a mess right now. Maybe eventually they can give us this grand entrance to studios

Reactions: Andysol
Ummmm... that ain't what it "looked" like to me. :look: Perhaps notions changed, but what I saw was more a reinvention of the classic omni-mover. One after the other after the other and so on, all in locked pace throughout.

On the other hand, fj is busbar but remains in lockstep, so maybe I misread...
Looks like an omnimover to me... right down to the moving platform load station. (Round, kind of like People Mover, not straight like Mansion.) Although, could just be omnimover-style loading.

hqdefault.jpg

Sneak peak at the Yoshi vehicle
Yup.

The question is, will it bob up and down like Yoshi is walking the entire ride? Cause that might get a little nauseating after a minute. Kind of like this:

Just realized what thread this is. Sorry, this discussion should probably be in Nintendo. Man, we've been good at getting off topic lately. Sorry.

Just realistically it's what seems possible. T2 change is relatively easy, can be done in 18-ish months. MoM and SLOP are big rides, but singular. Can be done in 24-30 months. Nintendo is big and allegedly getting bigger, so 36+ months.

Reactions: Disneyhead
My guess for USF's timeline, if everything that is currently rumored shakes out:
2019: Forbidden Forest in IOA and T2 replacement in USF
2020: MOM and SLOP in USF
2021: Iron Legion in IOA, Super Nintendo World in USF
2022: Berk in IOA

Just FYI. SLoP was never "delayed" as it was never scheduled. The "Leak" happened earlier in the process than usual. Detailed info usually doesn't hit the interwebs until heading into the green light process. With SLoP, we heard about before the R&D phase. Which made it appear to drop off the map while they hammered out the tech.

Well it passed through the R&D phase fairly quickly. After that, they worked up a budget and presented it. It was green lit and scheduled to start AFTER the T2 replacement opens since so much else is going on in the park right now.

Then D23 happened.

So to recap the recent scrambling:

Universal wanted Iron Legion and Forbidden Forest to lead into SW:GE. But IL is stuck in R&D Purgatory (maybe cables weren't the best idea, just sayin') so MoM was fast tracked (with aforementioned drama).

T2's replacement is odd as they were moving forward with upgrades until BOOM, asta la Vista, baby. After the digital transfer fail, UC was done.

Universal wants something biggish for IOA post SW:GE and Lord knows when IL's issues will get hammered out so they are pushing forward with finding a LC replacement like The Island of Burk or Christmas Island.

And last but not least, after VB's spectacular Grand Opening. They have been exploring ways to add ANYTHING to the existing expansion plan.

Burk, Christmas Island, and a DreamWorks mash-up land are all being worked up as a possible LC replacement.
Interesting. I'd prefer Berk most of all. I love Christmas as a holiday but I honestly wouldn't be particularly interested in a 365 day a year Christmas-themed land. A DreamWorks mashup land could be alright, but only if it focuses on properties like Shrek/Madagascar/Trolls and saves Dragons/Panda for the full land treatment.

Interesting. I'd prefer Berk most of all. I love Christmas as a holiday but I honestly wouldn't be particularly interested in a 365 day a year Christmas-themed land. A DreamWorks mashup land could be alright, but only if it focuses on properties like Shrek/Madagascar/Trolls and saves Dragons/Panda for the full land treatment.
Here how Universal is looking at "Christmas Island". Mt. Crumpet Bobsleds transitions beautifully out of Seuss. And a snow covered North Pole Village works well coming out of a snow covered Potter village.

And most importantly. Universal OWNS all the rights to ALL the best Christmas IPs! Winning!

Grinch ride>Berk for me.
I could live in Berk, but a very strong argument can be made for the trifecta of The Grinch, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and Frosty the Snowman. Not mention Heat Miser, Snow Miser, and the Burger Meister Meister Burger (voiced by Paul Frees).

"Holiday in the Islands" beats Mickey's Very Scary Christmas Party any day.

Just FYI. SLoP was never "delayed" as it was never scheduled. The "Leak" happened earlier in the process than usual. Detailed info usually doesn't hit the interwebs until heading into the green light process. With SLoP, we heard about before the R&D phase. Which made it appear to drop off the map while they hammered out the tech.

Well it passed through the R&D phase fairly quickly. After that, they worked up a budget and presented it. It was green lit and scheduled to start AFTER the T2 replacement opens since so much else is going on in the park right now.

Then D23 happened.

So to recap the recent scrambling:

Universal wanted Iron Legion and Forbidden Forest to lead into SW:GE. But IL is stuck in R&D Purgatory (maybe cables weren't the best idea, just sayin') so MoM was fast tracked (with aforementioned drama).

T2's replacement is odd as they were moving forward with upgrades until BOOM, asta la Vista, baby. After the digital transfer fail, UC was done.

Universal wants something biggish for IOA post SW:GE and Lord knows when IL's issues will get hammered out so they are pushing forward with finding a LC replacement like The Island of Burk or Christmas Island.

And last but not least, after VB's spectacular Grand Opening. They have been exploring ways to add ANYTHING to the existing expansion plan.
Im sorry for the backtrack here, but I have no clue what Iron Legion is.

Reactions: alias8703
Here how Universal is looking at "Christmas Island". Mt. Crumpet Bobsleds transitions beautifully out of Seuss. And a snow covered North Pole Village works well coming out of a snow covered Potter village.

And most importantly. Universal OWNS all the rights to ALL the best Christmas IPs! Winning!

The only problem I could see with the idea of Christmas Island, is that I believe SeaWorld has some of the Rankin Bass characters from Rudolph in a deal. That said, I think Christmas Island, theoretically; would be the best way to go for Lost Continent.

Sofar, if I had to guess a timeline..

2019: T2 replacement and Forbidden Forest
2020: SLoP, changes to front of USF, MoM
2021: SNW P1
2022: SNW P1.25 and Lost Continent Replacement

Im sorry for the backtrack here, but I have no clue what Iron Legion is.
Iron Legion would've been a Marvel ETicket.

So talking about Pets, out of anything, that excites me the most on a technical standpoint.

Reactions: jseal777
The only thing I don't like about this plan- once SW:GE opens- it is going to be gangbusters in Orlando- the likes of which we've never seen.

I'm all for improvements and expansions- but they need to be really smart here. When the end of 2019 hits, and the Star Wars folks are headed over to Universal to see this Potter land theyve heard of (after asking where it is at DHS)- the last thing Universal (or me, as a fan constantly recommending UOR to people) wants is a cluster F entrance of their Flagship park.
If they're going to drop Shrek- they need to do it yesterday, and fasttrack this thing for 2019. If they delay until 2020, your entrance is a construction zone during SW crowds. If you delay further, it's a construction zone for SNW- which is even worse.

Just keep T2 closed- don't even work on a replacement- and allocate everything you have to FoF and the entrance/SLoP. It should take priority over MoM, LC and even SNW for now- and certainly T2.

Reactions: DragonSlayer

So since the T2 upgrade project is dead, can you share any details (if you know them) about the T2 upgrade plan? I know they did the pre show, was anything else planned?