FY2012 TWDC Financial Report | Inside Universal Forums

FY2012 TWDC Financial Report

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sites/default/files/press-releases/pdfs/q4-fy12-earnings.pdf

And Rasulo's answer to the analyst question about WDWs attendance, "Down Modestly, DLR up substantially".

I remember a couple a months ago I reported these very findings and some on here said I have an Anti-Disney bias and was just trying to get internet cool points. Well the numbers are in and read 'em and weep.

The 60% occupancy rates I was reporting are true, and at their flagship resort (The Grand Floridian) they are even dipping into the upper 40% range.

I guess Rasulo has an Anti-Disney Agenda too.

Bravo Disneyhead for sticking to your guns! I forget though, who was the main one against your insight originally?

Rasulo said that WDWs numbers were down. I don't really know how much more discussion there is to be had on the subject. I said they were down. Rasulo confirmed it. WDW numbers are down.

The rate I quoted was $630/night Garden View. I don't know why you are having such a hard time believing that rate. I just ran the numbers for Sun. April 14th, 2013. The one night rack rate at the Poly is $674/night (Lagoon view, no garden views available). The rack rate for the Grand for the same night is $707 for a parking lot view.

And my point originally was that WDWs occupancy rate were soft enough for the suits to be concerned (in the 60% range). And Rasulo has confirmed that their numbers are soft. That said, what the take away from my original post was that we may see some action from TDO because they are concerned with the direction that the occupancy rates are trending.

Last edited:
Really....

When you get to make things up with impunity that don't have any rational basis in fact and then hide behind the guise of having what would be a *very* low level "source," then what's the point? I addressed the matter with Briman via PM, he'll sort it and probably think a bit about the content of that PM so the site can be better for others in the future.

Last edited:
Are we really getting worked up over Internet discussion?

:inquisitive:

I really can't gauge as to what is going on since certain posts were edited. From what I can gather...Who cares? Disneyhead has an opinion, you have your own. I don't know why it's something to get bitter over..

What's unfortunate, is that they can hide behind guest spending rates going up. When in reality, it's just because everything from the tickets, to food, to nightly room rates are just more expensive.

What's unfortunate, is that they can hide behind guest spending rates going up. When in reality, it's just because everything from the tickets, to food, to nightly room rates are just more expensive.

We got a winner! :lol: