Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had read or heard somewhere that Allah is used for a lot of Human Resources and employee training. One of the things that training included was working in a "Test" shop.

Definitely not a test ship, I think it's a merchandise storage room, ill upload the rest if the pics later and you will see boxes and boxes of Merch and racks full of pins

I thought I had read or heard somewhere that Allah is used for a lot of Human Resources and employee training. One of the things that training included was working in a "Test" shop.

It definitely was, even up to this past summer. The picture seems to contradict that, but all of that storage may only be temporary until busy season picks up again and more employees begin training.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not a test ship, I think it's a merchandise storage room, ill upload the rest if the pics later and you will see boxes and boxes of Merch and racks full of pins

It is/was a test shop used for Orientation of Merchandise TM's. It had racks and shelves and several training cash registers.

It is a test shop/training area. Merchandise has completely taken over it. They also use it for storage and department meetings. In the video you can see the counter they set up the registers on. Those registers get pulled when needed elsewhere (HHN, seasonal shops, to many out for repair, ect). From the looks of it you were there when they were swapping out the merchandise (they use off season product for training) or you took this during HHN when they store extra HHN product there.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe anyone can train in that mess... Lol. This was after HHN, I know that they use the old Nick Gift Shop for HHN storage:

null_zps59ecfb1e.jpg

null_zps533ae654.jpg

I find it hard to believe anyone can train in that mess... Lol. This was after HHN, I know that they use the old Nick Gift Shop for HHN storage:

null_zps59ecfb1e.jpg

null_zps533ae654.jpg

They use it for day 3 and 4 orientation for merchandise. Teach everyone the department specific rules, bring in registers and have them ring stuff up, void it off, do a refund, ect.

You should believe it, because it's a fact. Case closed.

Seems logical if they already have the equipment. I don't see why if it is used for storage it couldn't be used for training as well. Remember that employee training is for employees, it's not front of house. :rofl:

So the door may have been unlocked tonight, and I may have happened to snap my camera as someone else opened the door...
IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

FWIW, there is a lot less junk in there than the last time I looked, almost like someone has been cleaning it out...

Reactions: Felipe
Holy crap! I have a pic from last week if the inside and it looks much different! Ill post it when I get home. Now I must rip the AT&T sign off the wall before it is gone!!! :lol: or it might be included in the museum

I'd really like to see photos/video of this while it was open. There has to be a Universal Martin Smith out there...

^Believe it or not, places can serve more than one purpose. Just because theres nothing in there now doesnt mean it wasnt used for cash register training in the past. Are you also aware the Shrek building used to feature a different attraction as well?

I've always been one to stick up for you, but you've got to cool it with trying to prove everyone wrong here, man. I have seen the building used for merch training in the past, as have many credible posters that are wayyy on the inside with Universal. Trust them, theyre right about what it used to be. It looks like they cleared it out, and thats a neat picture. But that doesnt discredit everyone else's statements.

Actually in the back right corner, isn't that three registers? They look like point of sales screens. I could be wrong, but the one on the left even looks like it has a credit card slider on it. Or is it late at night and my eyes are playing tricks on me.

But yes, I agree with Tyler. Wow Tyler, I think this is three times we have agreed, miracles do happen :) You need to stop trying to prove everyone wrong or prove yourself right. Sometimes it is a stretch, I mean in the parade thread you claimed to be right that the parade is ending, when in reality it is just being re-furbished and changed a little. Not really the death you made it sound like to be. Then in another thread when trying to count the number of right ones you have had you used the parade. There shouldn't even be a count honestly, you earn trust and respect by how you act, not your score. Because with the theme park world things are always changing and therefore people tend to be "wrong" a lot, even though I don't think wrong would be the right word.

Try to work with people instead of trying to prove everyone wrong. It just doesn't look good for you.

Reactions: natespf
Ok that came out wrong, it IS cash register training, ill post a clearer picture. There are around 50 registers in there. They are in the main room, and in the second room.

null_zps7719eed3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.