Gay Days 2016 | Inside Universal Forums

Gay Days 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lmao. Yes, that's the bear meet-up for Gay Days. In this thread, though?

Lmao. Yes, that's the bear meet-up for Gay Days. In this thread, though?

Where would you suggest I put it? I wasn't going to start a new thread! When I first saw the post and their shirts... I thought there was a fan club for Country Bears that I had never heard of... I can be soooooooo slow on the uptake. :saywhat:

Reactions: quinnmac000
I never knew about gay days was until two years ago.

I was on a solo trip and hit up the MK wearing a red Tshirt, I got hit on 3 times that day.

Once I found out what was going on I never wore that red Tshirt again LOL.

Just a bunch of fun guys being friendly! You never know who you might meet! (although "meet" can mean many different things in the gay world)

I was on a solo trip and hit up the MK wearing a red Tshirt, I got hit on 3 times that day.

That's really funny. And I was embarrassed showing up to a Target in a red tee and khakis.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yeah, they actually rented out DHS and Typhoon over the past few days. Kesha was the headline performer at their DHS event.

Fist time I found out about gay days was when I was there with my cousins and the Children's Miracle Network. The Children's Miracle Network event was on the same weekend and all of the participants were wearing red shirts. That make for some very awkward encounters.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
When was gay days an official thing with extra entertainment? Didn't Disney previously try the "ignore it and it will go away" strategy?

It's still not an "official event", the Ke$ha thing was an after hours event that the park was rented out for.

Disney still doesn't officially recognize Gay Days, but they have started selling more merchandise aimed towards it and this year they even had greeters at the parks handing out rainbow Mickey stickers.

When was gay days an official thing with extra entertainment? Didn't Disney previously try the "ignore it and it will go away" strategy?
Disney doesn't advertise it themselves and it's not a public event.

Anyone can rent out the parks and Disney most definitely isn't turning away money. They rented Typhoon Friday, DHS last night and part of Epcot tonight.

Disneyland does recognize gay days however with special menu items and celebrity guests (last year they brought in the ABC family cast of the show The Fosters); WDW does not though.