Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I am not sure what math I am missing, but I haven't seen it below 90 minutes, so 90 - 50 is still 40 minutes. That isn't a walk on. However, I would absolutely love 40 as that would be reasonable and I would get to ride it lol. I was hoping yesterday with weather I would get a chance but it was 90+ all day until it got the delayed status. All other rides had started to plummet, but with it down we just left the park looking for another day to hopefully ride it.

I wasn't really talking money or maintenance or anything. Shear capacity wise taking down Disaster and Beetlejuice for just F&F was a capacity drop any way you try to put it. If they had used that land more wisely then they could have not reduced capacity. Both IOA and Studios have lost capacity over the last 7 years is my only point and with recent rumors they don't seem to have plans prior to 2030 to raise capacity in either park. If Epic causes more people to vacation (which I assume is what they want) and those people cause IOA and Studios crowds to increase, it is going to be an issue. You can say both those did not run at max capacity, but in the peak seasons they had lines/full theaters and it is those peak seasons where capacity is really needed.

I think everyone is missing my point. I had no issues with them replacing Beetlejuice and Disaster, but it was what they replaced it with. A ride that most people think is bad and doesn't replace the capacity in peak seasons.
Again, if no one is riding a ride, it's not a reduction in actual capacity just theoretical capacity. Disaster! averaged maybe 400 people an hour at the end. I'd guess as awful as it is, more people are riding F&F than rode Disaster!

Again, if no one is riding a ride, it's not a reduction in actual capacity just theoretical capacity. Disaster! averaged maybe 400 people an hour at the end. I'd guess as awful as it is, more people are riding F&F than rode Disaster!
But are more people riding F&F than were doing disaster AND Beetlejuice. That is my point it replaced TWO things.

What about guest satisfaction? Sure, 96 seats, but if you're now getting 96 upset guests who feel like they wasted an hour of their park time isn't that bad too?
Guest satisfaction would be a totally different discussion. I'm a certified F&F Supercharged hater™ (and Beetlejuice fan) and have no interest in defending its quality. The only note I would make is that the final version of the Beetlejuice show was not getting rave reviews by any means either for those guests who were spending that time in the venue.

This is the Hagrids thread though and we've drifted quite a bit :lol: