General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Obviously not the most important thing, but are there workers indeed working on Hagrid's during this time? Could be a blessing in disguise for this ride and maybe it can get closer to full capacity once things re-open. Obviously I want all workers safe however.
Has the ride been testing? Does anyone know?

Clive

aka Fallow
Staff member
May 26, 2010
I have no way of knowing for sure, but with other construction projects ongoing, I wouldn't be surprised if they were handling the Hagrid work that needed to be done.

shiekra38

Legendary Member
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Yup. Just like starting your car once a week even if you’re not driving it, they’re cycling rides regularly at the major parks.

No idea if they’re working on Hagrids though more than cycling.
HRRR was for sure running the other day

I'm not sure where budgets are at, and staffing, but I do wonder if they're fixing broken effects around the parks at the moment

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
HRRR was for sure running the other day

I'm not sure where budgets are at, and staffing, but I do wonder if they're fixing broken effects around the parks at the moment
Some techs were always on the schedule for the closure (“core team members”,) but yea, no clue if they’re doing anything more than general keep up/cycling.

Reactions: shiekra38

redy2468

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Tampa <---> Orlando
Interesting read. Can't form full opinion of course since we don't have all the details. However, I do believe there are sufficient warnings in place.

Bulldog45

Rookie
Jun 20, 2010
South Florida
I haven't ridden Hagrid yet, but don't most rides have that automated message that says something like "please remain seated, your ride will begin moving momentarily"?

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
I haven't ridden Hagrid yet, but don't most rides have that automated message that says something like "please remain seated, your ride will begin moving momentarily"?
There have been several reports of the ride restarting without warning. It’s the only time I’ve seen that for a new ride too. Happened to me once, but we were only stopped for a minute. If it had been longer I would’ve been pretty startled for sure.

Jul 13, 2018
There have been several reports of the ride restarting without warning. It’s the only time I’ve seen that for a new ride too. Happened to me once, but we were only stopped for a minute. If it had been longer I would’ve been pretty startled for sure.
Whether intentionally or unintentionally, you can't say this ride doesn't fit Hagrid's character.

JoeCamel

Premium Member
May 20, 2015
Upper Lower
I had it hang at the drop then dropped. Once down we hung again then launched after a bit. Almost like the tilt on Gringotts, was hung for 5 minutes there once and released without warning. Gringotts was more fun.
I don't think I can comment on the merits of the lawsuit though

Jul 13, 2018
I had it hang at the drop then dropped. Once down we hung again then launched after a bit. Almost like the tilt on Gringott's, was hung for 5 minutes there once and released without warning
I don't think I can comment on the merits of the lawsuit though
I had this same experience, but on a shorter timeframe.

Reactions: redy2468

redy2468

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Tampa <---> Orlando
I have had the ride stop on me multiple times. It's weird because restart messages are kind of rare. The one time I remember getting a delay message was the longest time I was delayed. This was after "Devil's Snare". The audio message was along the lines of "Our lesson has come to a stop momentarily, these motorbikes can be unpredictable". I think the ride system may make it hard to alert when the vehicles are about to move.