Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Hotel Reviews

Macfr3ak

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2013
Miami
i hope I'm not repeating if I am please delete this thread and point me in the right direction. We're doing some last minute planning to go up this weekend (beauty of living in Miami and having AP's) and came across this hotel that I've never stayed at. Now I could go on sites and read reviews of this place but I've been there done that and they've never been too helpful.

The crowd here is above the general public knowledge wise specially on the topic of theme parks and hotels. So I'm hoping this thread not only helps my self but many others who want to see what people think of certain hotels.

The hotel is Castle Hotel Autograph Collection ... They have a GREAT deal that we can't pass up (sub $100 per night) ... Thoughts, suggestions?

It's a Marriott hotel, so I would say it's a safe bet for clean and safe. It's really in the heart of the "good" area of I-drive (just down the block from the Orlando Eye), so easy drive or ride to Universal, SeaWorld and WDW.

I've never stayed there but I stayed next door at the Extended Stay America frequently and I always remember by sister requesting to stay there on our next visit because of how it looked.

It's a pretty good location is all I can really say about it.

The Unofficial Guide I trust (both WDW and UOR versions) and they rate it 3 1/2 stars and a room quality rating of 82.
Doesn't sound too shabby for the price

@GAcoaster yeah I saw it on the Marriott site which caught me by surprise as I don't think it used to be one if I recall correctly

@scott_walker those are great for long stays in general I've stayed there a few times can't complain about them specially for the price!

We booked it so looks like I'll be taking s trip around the resort this weekend if anyone has any special request for pictures or videos let me know!

@GAcoaster yeah I saw it on the Marriott site which caught me by surprise as I don't think it used to be one if I recall correctly

@scott_walker those are great for long stays in general I've stayed there a few times can't complain about them specially for the price!

We booked it so looks like I'll be taking s trip around the resort this weekend if anyone has any special request for pictures or videos let me know!

I'm hoping however unlikely that Kong is open for softs for your trip.

Yeah, Marriott has been acquiring more brands and some one offs and operating them as boutique hotels in their Autograph Collection. Expect to see more of it here in Orlando. They are acquiring Starwood right now (who owns the Swan and Dolphin at WDW). They own the Gaylord Hotels now. They just opened the Delta at Lake Buena Vista which I understand is the first Delta Hotel outside of Canada and Marriott plans to add more since it's a brand Canadians know. Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista: Orlando Hotels and Resorts

@GAcoaster That is REALLY good to know.. it's actually a great thing not only for consumers but for the parks as well. More reliable hotels more happy visitors.

I forgot to mention they also acquired the Bohemian hotel chain, so now the Bohemian Celebration and the one in downtown Orlando are also run by Marriott.

I prefer Marriott buying up hotels and styling them to their different "collections" then every other hotel in Orlando turning into a damn Rosen.

I prefer Marriott buying up hotels and styling them to their different "collections" then every other hotel in Orlando turning into a damn Rosen.
Eh... I'd rather Rosen turn into a Marriot sized company than Marriot become larger. The guy already donates a hell of a lot around here and more money equals more donations. If you don't think he would then you don't know how taxes work for rich people.

There's just too many of them and they have zero identity. There has to be people showing up to the wrong Rosen hotel they Pricelined every single day.

There's just too many of them and they have zero identity. There has to be people showing up to the wrong Rosen hotel they Pricelined every single day.
Now that's true. The Rosen brand doesn't necessarily need to be in place for all the properties. I think it would be better if Rosen INN had different subcategories or something. Keep in mind there are like four Embassy Suites on the Drive as well, so they aren't the only brand confusing guests.