Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Movies & TV Thread

I guess this is a good place ask this just for fun: If you want to introduce someone to the MCU now, how do you guys do it? My mom had seen Homecoming, Ant-Man, and GotG before and liked them and ive wanted to show her the broader Universe, but never really knew how with there being so many films. I did decide upon a general order though:

The Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnorok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel

Avengers: Endgame

This cuts a lengthy slate of 23 films down to 10 and bits and pieces can be explained. For Example, dropping her straight into Avengers meant I needed to explain the events leading up to it, but I knew there was a chance of never getting to Avengers if we watched the first 4. Some movies can probably still be skipped or swapped out (Winter Soldier isn't necessary to understand the events of Ultron, but it pays off when watching Civil War and it's just a damn great movie. Like I said, my mom had seen Ant-Man and Spider-Man: Homecoming, so i'm not including it (plus, I think both are more "fun" movies in the MCU, you could theoretically skip both and not miss much)

If you really wanted to simplify and explain the events that are being missed though, you could probably do a 5-film watch of The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. If they were into it, you could then go back and watch the other movies.

I guess this is a good place ask this just for fun: If you want to introduce someone to the MCU now, how do you guys do it? My mom had seen Homecoming, Ant-Man, and GotG before and liked them and ive wanted to show her the broader Universe, but never really knew how with there being so many films. I did decide upon a general order though:

The Avengers
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War

Doctor Strange
Thor: Ragnorok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel

Avengers: Endgame

This cuts a lengthy slate of 23 films down to 10 and bits and pieces can be explained. For Example, dropping her straight into Avengers meant I needed to explain the events leading up to it, but I knew there was a chance of never getting to Avengers if we watched the first 4. Some movies can probably still be skipped or swapped out (Winter Soldier isn't necessary to understand the events of Ultron, but it pays off when watching Civil War and it's just a damn great movie. Like I said, my mom had seen Ant-Man and Spider-Man: Homecoming, so i'm not including it (plus, I think both are more "fun" movies in the MCU, you could theoretically skip both and not miss much)

If you really wanted to simplify and explain the events that are being missed though, you could probably do a 5-film watch of The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame. If they were into it, you could then go back and watch the other movies.

I'd say, The First Avenger (As it ties directly with IW/Endgame), Avengers, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame.

The Captain America films are must-do's, simply just because of their significance for the sake of the stories at hand.

I'd say, The First Avenger (As it ties directly with IW/Endgame), Avengers, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron, Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame.

The Captain America films are must-do's, simply just because of their significance for the sake of the stories at hand.
I think of Doctor Strange as a must view in the same way you talk about The First Avenger. I guess technically you could go into Infinity War without having seen Strange and be fine, but to get a deeper understanding of why he's so important to the events of those films (and what the time stone is/does), Doctor Strange is a recommended watch in my book. It's also just a really fun movie.

I think of Doctor Strange as a must view in the same way you talk about The First Avenger. I guess technically you could go into Infinity War without having seen Strange and be fine, but to get a deeper understanding of why he's so important to the events of those films (and what the time stone is/does), Doctor Strange is a recommended watch in my book. It's also just a really fun movie.

Strange would also make sense too, especially as it primarily shows not only one of the infinity stones going to town, but also allowing the seeds to be planted of elements such as the changing of time.

But in my list..

CA: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Avengers, CA: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, CA: Civil War, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man & The Wasp, Avengers: Endgame.

__

That said, to bring up..GKids has officially released all of the classic Studio Ghibli films on digital markets, including that of Amazon, Itunes, Youtube, and more. I made sure to get Spirited Away, as it means a lot for me.

I'd dump Age of Ultron from that list, it's the Transformers Revenge of the fallen of the MCU i.e. it's crap and no one needs to see it.

Maybe add in Ant Man and the Wasp as it's just pure fun and will explain why he is missing for the whole of Infinity War?

I'd dump Age of Ultron from that list, it's the Transformers Revenge of the fallen of the MCU i.e. it's crap and no one needs to see it.

Maybe add in Ant Man and the Wasp as it's just pure fun and will explain why he is missing for the whole of Infinity War?
AM&W makes sense to add, but we just watched Ultron last night so too late :lol:

But really, I wouldn’t skip it anyway as it picks up with them still following the scepter and really, while it’s the worst Avengers film, you also can’t skip it simply because Civil War wouldn’t make sense if you haven’t seen Age of Ultron.

Watching The Bounty tonight. I have seen it before back in the day, but tonight the 1984 synth soundtrack is so distracting, marring an otherwise good movie.

The moog sound was cool in the 70’s and 80’s period but now... it’s kinda like mercurochrome was once a great household product for cuts and scratches. Yuck...

Started watching Solar Opposites on Hulu. It’s a great jump into Adult Animation for them and I had high expectations considering it’s from Justin Roiland.

- The King of Staten Island (Universal via PVOD)
- Artemis Fowl (Disney+)
- Spike Lee’s Da 5 Bloods (Netflix).

In a world where new movies are relatively rare these days, tomorrow we have three new fairly high-profile films, from three different studios and are all different genres of film.

Da 5 Bloods is thought to be a potential Oscar contender and I’ve heard great things about King of Staten Island.

I just started watching Jack Ryan in the last few days. I can’t believe how highly produced it is. Each episode feels like a feature film and the script is quite involved/deep and well-crafted.

The cathedral scene… Yikes!

I just started watching Jack Ryan in the last few days. I can’t believe how highly produced it is. Each episode feels like a feature film and the script is quite involved/deep and well-crafted.

The cathedral scene… Yikes!

It's a really good series and John Krasinski makes a great Jack Ryan.

Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Disney has nabbed the screenplay for an "original" adventure film, written by screenwriter John Whittington (The LEGO Batman Movie)--that is said to be a film similar to that of Ready Player One, Disney style. John Davis (Game Night) is producing the film.