General Movies & TV Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Louis was Grey Worm on GoT.

Agreed on Interview-- so far really good.

We just started Reboot on Hulu and I am really enjoying it. It's got great comic timing and is very "meta" bout being meta. It's Steven Levitan's (Modern Family) comic rhythm, and feels very 30 Rock in the script (show about making a show).
Agreed on Reboot. I watched the first 3-4 episodes and really enjoyed them. Still have a few stacked up that I haven’t watched.

Abbott Elementary season 2 is great. I think this show has potential to be better than the office. At the very least, it’ll age a lot better. It’s wholesomeness shines thru each episode and brings me so much joy!

Abbott Elementary season 2 is great. I think this show has potential to be better than the office. At the very least, it’ll age a lot better. It’s wholesomeness shines thru each episode and brings me so much joy!
I don’t get what Disney is doing with their streaming strategy. They have distribution rights to Abbott Elementary as it’s a 20th TV/Warner Brothers project.

It’s on Hulu, but this seems like a no-brained show to put on Disney+ and it fits alongside Black-ish, Grown-ish, and The Wonder Years, which are all on D+.

I don’t get what Disney is doing with their streaming strategy. They have distribution rights to Abbott Elementary as it’s a 20th TV/Warner Brothers project.

It’s on Hulu, but this seems like a no-brained show to put on Disney+ and it fits alongside Black-ish, Grown-ish, and The Wonder Years, which are all on D+.
It’s also on HBO Max… it’s weird for sure. Maybe they’re trying to get as wide of an appeal as possible, then around season 4 they buy it out to be on Disney+. Quinta has made it clear she wants it on network tv though, whatever makes it more popular I’ll take.

It’s also on HBO Max… it’s weird for sure. Maybe they’re trying to get as wide of an appeal as possible, then around season 4 they buy it out to be on Disney+. Quinta has made it clear she wants it on network tv though, whatever makes it more popular I’ll take.
Well, like I said, WB is a production partner on the show as well, so they get distribution rights as well. It streams on Disney+ internationally exclusively.

We’ll, like I said, WB is a production partner on the show as well, so they get distribution rights as well. It streams on Disney+ internationally exclusively.
Oh you did mention that, missed it. I’d imagine being on 3 different platforms only helps the show. Also I’d imagine Quinta Brunson will host SNL for this at some point, which is an NBC/Universal distribution. The show will be promoted everywhere eventually lol

Watched the new Simpsons Tree House of Horror.....very good.

All three stories had strong points, the first one was pretty scary and brutal compared to what we have been getting, the second is a very well done parody and it was great to see how the simpsons would look in a very of anime, and the last one was just clever and funny. Solid Halloween special, will watch again next year when its on Disney plus

So they are potentially doing a Dodgeball 2 and supposedly everyone except for Ben Stiller is on board. They won't do it without Ben, though, and supposedly he doesn't want to ruin the legacy of the original. Sounds like the failure of Zoolander 2 is still haunting him.

So they are potentially doing a Dodgeball 2 and supposedly everyone except for Ben Stiller is on board. They won't do it without Ben, though, and supposedly he doesn't want to ruin the legacy of the original. Sounds like the failure of Zoolander 2 is still haunting him.

He's right to hold out, though. Comedy sequels always suck compared to the original. To put it simply, a joke's just never as funny the second time you hear it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
He's right to hold out, though. Comedy sequels always suck compared to the original. To put it simply, a joke's just never as funny the second time you hear it.
I'm not sure if this is a controversial take or not, but Anchorman 2 was extremely solid. But yeah, unless there's a really good story and were to feel fresh, then it's not worth doing.

Legendary Pictures has left WB and have signed a distribution Deal with Sony. It cannot be overstated how big this move. Big win for Sony and HUGE loss for WB, as Legendary is the production company of two of the biggest hits of last year: Godzilla vs. Kong and Dune. Dune: Part 2 will still be released through WB, but everything after that is with Sony.

Supposedly the big appeal to Legendary to go to Sony was the fact that they are committed to theaters and that they DON'T have a streaming service. It also can't be said enough how much Jason Kilar is the reason that this happened. His move to put WB's entire 2021 slate onto HBO Max burned so many bridges and this is one that really hurts if you're WB.

Saw A24's The Whale

Very good film, hope Brendan Fraser and Hong Chau (who was also great in the Menu) get some nominations they both were doing an amazing job. The other cast are also great, I think its not going to be a film for everyone by looking at the reviews because of experience with eating and weight issues, either because of themselves or someone close to them seem to paint this film as something they don't want to watch or feel wasn't done right.

I think the film is on par with other great A24 films and if your in the mood to see some acting in a drama then go see this film

Saw Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Easily the best Animated movie of the year, the kinda film I wish I saw growing up. Its got the best action out side of Kung Fu Panda 2 from Dream works, most the jokes land, the animation feels soooooo good throughout the entire film, lots of interesting side character, with one of the best villains we have had in years in a family film. Also its just got so much Imagination like they just do whatever they want because its fun and they can and uses pretty much every minute of its runtime without boring you. if you need a fun movie to see go enjoy Puss in Boots.

Reactions: SeventyOne