Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

For anyone who hasn’t seen Carrie Coon’s work:

For those who have watched The Leftovers, that throat “gulp” at 0:40... :faint:
She’s absolutely perfect. What a gem.

For those that haven’t watched The Leftovers... what are you doing?

While not as a meaty role, I absolutely loved her as Go in Gone Girl.

Im not sold on Ghostbusters: Stranger Things Edition. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of New York City as the setting. The city is basically a character in the first two films. Also, it appears to take itself a little too seriously. Ghostbusters was always first and foremost a comedy.

That being said, the trailer peaked my interest.

Last edited:
Im not sold on Stranger Things: Ghostbusters Edition. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of New York City as the setting. The city is basically a character in the first two films. Also, it appears to take itself a little too seriously. Ghostbusters was always first and foremost a comedy.

This summed up my take perfectly as well. I like Rudd and love Carrie Coon, and the trailer looked fun and I'm definitely watching.

But Stranger Things: Ghostbuster Edition was a perfect description for that trailer. And the fact its in a small town only adds to that.

It might be comedic, so we'll have to wait there.

It's always hilarious when kids start a 30 year old vehicle with a 30 year old battery, 30 year old gasoline and 30 year old tires that still hold air. Also looking at you, Jurassic World...

I'm just pleased this looks like an actual movie, and not like just a generic comedy. I think it's sometimes forgotten that there are huge chunks of the original film that are played very straight, and that Dana's storyline grounds the movie. The original crew also feel like plausibly real people.

So I'm fine with them leaning on a less goofy vibe and selling a genuine family story for this initial trailer. I have no doubt -- with Paul Rudd and Bill Murray on hand -- that the finished film will be plenty funny.

Im not sold on Stranger Things: Ghostbusters Edition. I think my biggest complaint is the lack of New York City as the setting. The city is basically a character in the first two films. Also, it appears to take itself a little too seriously. Ghostbusters was always first and foremost a comedy.

Same. Maybe there's more to it, but as of right now - I'm not digging that hook.

As someone else said, this perfectly sums it up for me. I am excited and will watch as this seems like a fun ride but the lack of NYC is noticeable and making me feel a tad less connected. That being said ill be there opening night.

Exactly how I feel. I was like hey this looks exactly like Stranger Things! It even has the same kid!

Ummm,

a769737b60097ef6d1a66be1e9a7210bd01d27ff.jpg

This direction is feeling a little derivative. Just saying.

I think it's time to just let the past die. How many franchises are constantly trying to reboot and then predictably fail nowadays?