Good spot to see Illuminations? | Inside Universal Forums

Good spot to see Illuminations?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 2, 2013
What is a good spot to see illuminations at Epcot on Friday evening? Where are people's preferred spot to watch them from? We know that all the best spots will be taken hours before the show starts. We are not looking for the "best" spots because we do not want to waste a lot of time just to reserve a spot, but a decent spot from which we can have a good view and be able to take pictures.

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks.

I showed up late one time and had a decent view from in front of the Italian pavilion. The spot from Japan I camped out rather earlier with Maxairmike and another buddy to make sure we had that spot. It wasn't crowded at all up at that spot so someone could have even come up there last min and got a good view. Also depends n how crowded the park is that day.

i don't normally pick a spot, but usually the day ends in Future World, so we just pick a spot at the very front in Future World.