Google Stadia | Inside Universal Forums

Google Stadia

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Tomorrow, Google will be revealing their first attempt at the Gaming industry. Google has tested around with cloud-streaming, when they tested with Ubisoft on Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Google has been working quietly on it, as tomorrow will determine how they enter the console business. Bandai Namco, Crystal Dynamics, and other groups are already seemingly working with Google on how things will go; so this should be something to watch.

As of now, at the GDC area for Google; it's mostly empty (with only TV's)

Google will be announcing more info on Stadia on Monday, August 19 at 1pm Eastern. Hinting at more games being announced.

I know there's some confusion from people as to what Stadia is... He's the tl:dr...
  1. Stadia is not the Netflix of games, you still have to purchase games and you own those games (just like you own any digital games on any platform).
  2. Stadia is like a console, which you can use on an old PC or Chromecast Ultra, and some phones (starting with Pixel 3).
  3. Stadia will be free to use at 1080p (early 2020).

I have an Xbox One, but I'm really hesitant to buy another next gen console at full price next year (Scorpio and PS5 are rumored to be released holidays 2020). So this is a great cost effective option for everyone who doesn't mind playing games on an old PC, and would prefer not to spend $400-550 on another console. $0 per month for Stadia is a no brainer, and really could be a game changer.

Last edited: