Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GoPro's in the Parks

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville, TN
Hello All!

My husband and I just purchased a GoPro camera hoping that we could use it while on our annual trip to the parks. We don't plan on taking it on any rides other than perhaps Popeye's and Jurassic Park.

Does anyone have any experience using a GoPro in the parks?
Do you know if it is allowed to have a camera on Popeye's? (I suppose they wouldn't know since you could pull it from your bag once the ride got going).

Any help, tips and tricks would be appreciated!

-Kris.

Hello All!

My husband and I just purchased a GoPro camera hoping that we could use it while on our annual trip to the parks. We don't plan on taking it on any rides other than perhaps Popeye's and Jurassic Park.

Does anyone have any experience using a GoPro in the parks?
Do you know if it is allowed to have a camera on Popeye's? (I suppose they wouldn't know since you could pull it from your bag once the ride got going).

Any help, tips and tricks would be appreciated!

-Kris.

At this point it seems like everyone in the parks has a Gopro. :lol:

I too would love any advice/tips for using the GoPro.

I've had mine for about a year and a half, trying to get used to it and everything. I've got the selfie stick, chest strap which a few of you saw during HHN, and a head strap.
Haven't had a whole lot of luck being able to take it on rides sor far. I've asked to bring it on Mummy and MiB with my chest strap and have been told they aren't allowed. I'm looking into getting a nice pair of pivotheads http://www.pivothead.com/ when the new model comes out to bring it on more coasters and such.

I really just think it would be fun on water rides. I did see on some forums that it is difficult to get it on most of the more action packed rides. I also heard success stories of using the wrist strap. The pivotheads look awesome!

Hmm I'll have to look into getting the wrist strap in that case. I was planning on getting one for when I go lobstering in the keys. The chest mount worked really well for walking around HHN and snorkeling around the reefs looking down... the only downsides are a horrible squeaking noise whenever it got bumped or moved, not sure if it is from the O-Ring in my harness screw or something from the strap and looking like a complete and utter dork wearing it. I may get some kind of vest and/or a hat with holes cut in them to not embarrass everyone who is with me.

Tim Tracker and Kyle from View From the cheap seats both have a pair of the original model which was how I found out about them. The upgradeable memory and Bluetooth are the things that really make me want them. I'm hoping that the bluetooth will let you use a phone to see what you are filming similar to the GoPro app.