Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

The tunnel to the Griffith Park Observatory?

That's funny, because the tunnel itself doesn't have a "look" - that's why it's used for films. It's a big bland wall they can dress up to match any style. They just layer on some architectural stuff to give it personality.

Huh, I was there 2 weeks ago and had no idea.

Rumor is this area will have walls down by the end of the month
star-wars-galaxys-edge-air-09202017-6.jpg

baseline-tap-house-09202017-1.jpg

baseline-tap-house-09202017-2.jpg

Never noticed or realized that they only skinned half of the AT-AT in front of ST. It looks like that rumor might hold some truth with that picture and new walls being put up.

Rumor is this area will have walls down by the end of the month
May need to stop by next month when we head down for F&W.
You can already see the new work wall closer to the SW:GE entrance tunnel in the firstpicture.. It's the blue and white wall on the side of the road with the new bar.
You mean the burgundy and white wall, right? That would close off the area just past the large walkway that leads to the fountain in front of M3D.

Question... looking at that first shot, other than the taphouse which is a fully enclosed, 2 story structure, the rest of that frontage is all a façade? Or is the first floor actually a usable space? I thought there was talk of another food/merchandise space in that area and was wondering where it might go. Also, I wonder where they will cutoff guest access after that sharp corner by the entrance to SW:GE. I am assuming that access road along the back of the soundstages will remain.

For a studio park that is not about movie making anymore this area is as useless and out of place as can be. Why not go with the Muppets for the whole area. I hope they do a Muppet street show (upper windows) after de snooze fest of presidents "unfortunately" burns down so there won't be any "issues" now and in the future for that attraction. It at least would make sense.

For a studio park that is not about movie making anymore this area is as useless and out of place as can be. Why not go with the Muppets for the whole area. I hope they do a Muppet street show (upper windows) after de snooze fest of presidents "unfortunately" burns down so there won't be any "issues" now and in the future for that attraction. It at least would make sense.
This area is not about movie making so i'm not sure what your point is here. I think this will be a rather nice area to come and relax outside of SW:GE, actually. Or relax in general (speaking to the taphouse, mostly).

This area is not about movie making so i'm not sure what your point is here. I think this will be a rather nice area to come and relax outside of SW:GE, actually. Or relax in general (speaking to the taphouse, mostly).
It's now a movie park, right? A park where you can ride the movies. This has nothing to do with movies and isn't a set of anything. That is my point.

It's now a movie park, right? A park where you can ride the movies. This has nothing to do with movies and isn't a set of anything. That is my point.
It's a transition area. Think of it as the transition into Pandora, where Tiffins is right on to the side. That's all this is and all it's meant to be.

I totally get your point. For what I can see, we know the park eventually will go through a name change again. I don't think Disney wants for this park to be looked as a studio anymore. So I feel like this will be our DCA park. So more of a big IP attractions (that happens to be movies) park on a Hollywood/L.A. setting. The reason why I would be ok if they change the name to Hollywood Adventure park. Trust me I was not happy with this area, because I saw it as a new investment dividing STGE from ST, and I want ST to survive. I calmed down once I found out they were opening a Tap House of course! but yeah welcome to DCA Florida Edition.

I totally get your point. For what I can see, we know the park eventually will go through a name change again. I don't think Disney wants for this park to be looked as a studio anymore. So I feel like this will be our DCA park. So more of a big IP attractions (that happens to be movies) park on a Hollywood/L.A. setting. The reason why I would be ok if they change the name to Hollywood Adventure park. Trust me I was not happy with this area, because I saw it as a new investment dividing STGE from ST, and I want ST to survive. I calmed down once I found out they were opening a Tap House of course! but yeah welcome to DCA Florida Edition.
Honestly, DHS really should be called California Adventure based on the direction I see it going. California Adventure should be.... i'm not even sure anymore, but it's shifting away from California in many aspects going forward.

:peace:Yes to the colonial Muppets taking over HOP....... :(It's a sad time. Puppets actually have more substance than politicians nowadays.

:peace:Yes to the colonial Muppets taking over HOP....... :(It's a sad time. Puppets actually have more substance than politicians nowadays.
Please let's stay on topic and refrain from political chatter - even if it involves a park attraction.

This isn't against you guys, i'm just about to take a nap and I don't want to wake up to a cluster of a thread :lol: