Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please let's stay on topic and refrain from political chatter - even if it involves a park attraction.

This isn't against you guys, i'm just about to take a nap and I don't want to wake up to a cluster of a thread :lol:
:):lol:....Sleep well.:sleep: HHN awaits :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nick
Honestly, DHS really should be called California Adventure based on the direction I see it going. California Adventure should be.... i'm not even sure anymore, but it's shifting away from California in many aspects going forward.
I agree with you, I would not be surprised. The entrance looks like it lol. I said Hollywood because it's entrance it's H Blvd and Sunset next to it, but when you have a NYC themed area (including Muppest court) already there, Smaller now? yes, but could have stayed and serve the same purpose as the new area... Plus! it could have been nicely decor during Xmas in honor of the Xmas Show they use to have there. So, wanting to invest money to re-theme the area to L.A., just screams California is the main focus for this park now.

I agree with you, I would not be surprised. The entrance looks like it lol. I said Hollywood because it's entrance it's H Blvd and Sunset next to it, but when you have a NYC themed area (including Muppest court) already there, Smaller now? yes, but could have stayed and serve the same purpose as the new area... Plus! it could have been nicely decor during Xmas in honor of the Xmas Show they use to have there. So, wanting to invest money to re-theme the area to L.A., just screams California is the main focus for this park now.
Muppet Courtyard isn't NYC themed. I believe @AliciaStella has a picture that she's posted in the past, but from the day PizzeRizzo opened, the address inside of the QS was listed as on Grand Avenue and as their "Los Angeles location".

Essentially, Pizze Rizzo is a NYC Pizzeria in Downtown LA. NYC pizzeria's are found all over the US.

Muppet Courtyard isn't NYC themed. I believe @AliciaStella has a picture that she's posted in the past, but from the day PizzeRizzo opened, the address inside of the QS was listed as on Grand Avenue and as their "Los Angeles location".

Essentially, Pizze Rizzo is a NYC Pizzeria in Downtown LA. NYC pizzeria's are found all over the US.
That was quick. Cat nap? :)

I don't have the photo handy on mobile, but my video explains how Muppets is being altered to match Los Angeles.

Also, Mama Melrose is back there. It's already a CA take on Italian. So all CA themed now.

I love the red car trolley/Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout mural.

I have heard that a Muppets show similar to Liberty Square is being planned for the upper floor windows for when SW:GE opens. The plan is to run the super extended queue down Grand Avenue and have the Muppets hanging out the windows chatting and heckling the folks in the queue.

The interesting part of the rumor is that they wouldn't be The Muppets we know but will be all new park specific "SoCal Hipster" character puppets created by "The Muppets" creative team working with WDI. And of course the required merch tie ins.

Last edited:

I have heard that a Muppets show similar to Liberty Square is being planned for the upper floor windows for when SW:GE opens. The plan is to run the super extended queue down Grand Avenue and have the Muppets hanging out the windows chatting and heckling the folks in the queue.

The interesting part of the rumor is that they wouldn't be The Muppets we know but will be all new park specific "SoCal Hipster" character Muppets puppets created by "The Muppets" creative team working with WDI. And of course the required merch tie ins.

I thought it was DCA at first as well but it’s definitely DHS.

66368425-3F43-4786-9C5F-3597D0AFF6C7.jpeg DE6AAE01-081B-47FC-9CA1-F62FBE23E8E4.jpeg

Reactions: Disneyhead

The interesting part of the rumor is that they wouldn't be The Muppets we know but will be all new park specific "SoCal Hipster" character puppets created by "The Muppets" creative team working with WDI. And of course the required merch tie ins.
I... really like that, actually. Hopefully it sticks around even after SW:GE becomes manageable (in 2039).

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
I don't have the photo handy on mobile, but my video explains how Muppets is being altered to match Los Angeles.

Also, Mama Melrose is back there. It's already a CA take on Italian. So all CA themed now.

Ok...so Hollywood Studios is becoming DCA East Coast.
Now if only we could get something like Monsters Inc, the Hyperion theater, a good water ride like Grizzly, and an awesome play area like Redwood Creek challenge trail, id actually consider DHS a good park!

Reactions: Andysol
Baseline Tap House opening is scheduled for this Friday, September 29th.
You think it will open normal time for dining locations: 11am-11:30? Or later since it's technically a bar?

Sci-Fi and Commissary open at 11, so maybe it will too. Hopefully. I'll probably come by and check it out Friday or Monday myself.

Gotta get that pretzel!

You think it will open normal time for dining locations: 11am-11:30? Or later since it's technically a bar?

Sci-Fi and Commissary open at 11, so maybe it will too. Hopefully. I'll probably come by and check it out Friday or Monday myself.

Gotta get that pretzel!
Hours listed on the menu sign in a recent update had it opening at 11am.

Reactions: Alicia
So for those comparing this artwork to the Red Car Trolley at DCA, there's good reason for that.

They literally just switched a few things around from the RCT attraction poster to create this mural, most notably replacing Carthay Circle Theatre with Tower of Terror. They also changed minor things like the tagline at the top, the destination on the trolley car, and the name of the electric company at the bottom. Other than that, it's the same poster.
baseline-tap-house-mural-09262017-1.jpg

red123234LARGE.jpg

I wish this was some sort of hint that Trolley transport was in the cards for the park in the future, but i'm pretty certain it's not happening. It would add much needed kinetic energy, however.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
So for those comparing this artwork to the Red Car Trolley at DCA, there's good reason for that.

They literally just switched a few things around from the RCT attraction poster to create this mural, most notably replacing Carthay Circle Theatre with Tower of Terror. They also changed minor things like the tagline at the top, the destination on the trolley car, and the name of the electric company at the bottom. Other than that, it's the same poster.
baseline-tap-house-mural-09262017-1.jpg

red123234LARGE.jpg

I wish this was some sort of hint that Trolley transport was in the cards for the park in the future, but i'm pretty certain it's not happening. It would add much needed kinetic energy, however.
A Trolly from the Star Wars tunnel on Grand to the ToT would be awesome.

If somebody can get a good photo of that mural, I might have a go at recreating it similar to the VB poster.
So... are you going to try and recreate it, given that most elements are there already?

Talking about adding the trolley, I was asking earlier about how the façade on Grand Avenue continues around that sharp right turn. That would be a perfect spot for the trolley to park/be housed on its run from there to TOT. They could even do a trackless trolley given that they are a tripping hazard and costly installation. Just the kinetics of a trolley through there would be awesome.