Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

I really thought that when they rethemed Pizza Rizzo and the restroom that there was a possibility of a Muppets themed land. Little did I know it was more of Disney’s Tangled toilet hijinks
Pizza Rizzo is so generic in theme. The Muppet references are honestly hard to spot in some places. They could remove the signage and Muppet-related theming over night and it wouldn't look that different.

Pizza Rizzo is so generic in theme. The Muppet references are honestly hard to spot in some places. They could remove the signage and Muppet-related theming over night and it wouldn't look that different.
That, and the new Grand Ave Theater marquee is likely exactly the point. When they’re ready to pull the trigger, bye bye Muppets lickity split.

All Muppet references could be removed over one night.
I just don’t know what they’d put in there if/when they do decide to strip the Muppets completely out of the area.

I can’t see it being something as simplistic as just a movie preview theater with how big the space is, but I’m also not sure what else they (realistically) would use it for.

Honestly, if they’re gonna get ride of it, I’d rather they demolish everything in Grand Park, Star Tours and Backlot Express and they could realign the area to be a new land.

I just don’t know what they’d put in there if/when they do decide to strip the Muppets completely out of the area.

I can’t see it being something as simplistic as just a movie preview theater with how big the space is, but I’m also not sure what else they (realistically) would use it for.

Honestly, if they’re gonna get ride of it, I’d rather they demolish everything in Grand Park, Star Tours and Backlot Express and they could realign the area to be a new land.
Maybe Disney doesn’t even know?

The entire area is going to be swamped with people since it’s so close to Galaxy’s Edge.

In theory, it’s super easy for Disney to swap out new movies in that theater. Maybe their intention is to trial-and-error the content and see what draws the most crowds.

It sounds desperate...but I think Disney is going to be desperate to get that theater hitting capacity to take away people from Star Wars

Maybe Disney doesn’t even know?

The entire area is going to be swamped with people since it’s so close to Galaxy’s Edge.

In theory, it’s super easy for Disney to swap out new movies in that theater. Maybe their intention is to trial-and-error the content and see what draws the most crowds.

It sounds desperate...but I think Disney is going to be desperate to get that theater hitting capacity to take away people from Star Wars
Disney won’t have a problem with it hitting capacity with it showing MuppetVision. Literally anything that holds people will fill up right after SWGE opens.

MV3D isn’t going away THAT quick.

So @Marni1971 and a few others are saying the painting of the show building is more to get ride of the studio theme than anything and to "make it more grand avenue". The Stage One store within the land, which is one of the only remaining parts of the park that is themed to a soundstage or being "behind the scenes" on the inside, is also rumored to get a facelift, similar to how Tatooine Traders did.

Says there's no plans on removing IP, but of course by making the area so generic, it does make it much easier to remove the IP overnight if they ever decide the time has come.

So @Marni1971 and a few others are saying the painting of the show building is more to get ride of the studio theme than anything and to "make it more grand avenue". The Stage One store within the land, which is one of the only remaining parts of the park that is themed to a soundstage or being "behind the scenes" on the inside, is also rumored to get a facelift, similar to how Tatooine Traders did.

Says there's no plans on removing IP, but of course by making the area so generic, it does make it much easier to remove the IP overnight if they ever decide the time has come.
Yea, I took a TON of pics of the Studio 1 store on my last visit... just in case.

So. Has there been any more buzz about Muppets in windows at Grand Avenue facade (like at MK) to entertain the folks waiting to enter SWGE?

So. Has there been any more buzz about Muppets in windows at Grand Avenue facade (like at MK) to entertain the folks waiting to enter SWGE?
Another wonderful Jim Hill rumor, there does not appear to be any movement on this idea. Was probably pitched as a blue sky idea, but reality is, you don't want to have an entertainment option where you're corralling people, because then it's impossible to go see it if you don't want to also wait in line to enter Galaxy's Edge.

The Muppet show works at Magic Kingdom because it's all people are stopping there to see. Placing it somewhere as entertainment fodder to keep people busy while in line would only work in my mind if they actually had voice actors improving and goofing with the guests, which I don't see them allowing the classic Muppets characters to do. Just my take on it.

Another wonderful Jim Hill rumor, there does not appear to be any movement on this idea. Was probably pitched as a blue sky idea, but reality is, you don't want to have an entertainment option where you're corralling people, because then it's impossible to go see it if you don't want to also wait in line to enter Galaxy's Edge.

The Muppet show works at Magic Kingdom because it's all people are stopping there to see. Placing it somewhere as entertainment fodder to keep people busy while in line would only work in my mind if they actually had voice actors improving and goofing with the guests, which I don't see them allowing the classic Muppets characters to do. Just my take on it.
It’s not like people are going to be corralling there for a long time the after the opening. After a year of opening, it should be pretty easy to get in. Something like this could definitely work, but why when they already have a similar show at MK?