Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

Yea, thats a cool way to check in on construction.

Also, was that a typo? Or are you really calling it IPCOT from now on lol?
People sho hate IPs in Epcot love the spin on the name IP provides. I think it’s stupid as IPs aren’t bad in and of themselves, it’s how they’re used.

Ratatouille for example of using one well. GotG is an example of using one poorly.

People sho hate IPs in Epcot love the spin on the name IP provides. I think it’s stupid as IPs aren’t bad in and of themselves, it’s how they’re used.

Ratatouille for example of using one well. GotG is an example of using one poorly.

I think Ratatouille is kind of a stretch. Yes, a Ratatouille ride could be used to highlight French cuisine and its importance to the culture, but the Ratatouille ride definitely does nothing of the sort. Just like Frozen *could* have shown off some Scandinavian culture, but instead is just a long music video

EDIT: For the record, I don't mind the IP-ification of EPCOT like I do with DAK, mostly because EPCOT has sucked for so long, and its never going back.

Last edited:
EDIT: For the record, I don't mind the IP-ification of EPCOT like I do with DAK, mostly because EPCOT has sucked for so long, and its never going back.
That’s the thing I don’t understand from most people. It sort of comes down to do you want rides or not. EPCOT Center died in the 90’s and we haven’t gotten much in the park since - and we surely aren’t getting anything original with this management team.

Yea, thats a cool way to check in on construction.

Also, was that a typo? Or are you really calling it IPCOT from now on lol?

Haha. Well, it truly is no 'shade' to the park formerly known as EPCOT Center. With that said, is EPCOT truly what it stands for anymore? No. Intellectual Properties Communities Of Tomorrow sounds way more accurate. In the end, they are going for big state of the art attractions and I'm sure everyone working on this project will do a great job and will always be open to criticism.

Edit: Typo

"EPCOT Center" is dead. "Epcot" is a theme park with beautifully themed areas, good restaurants, and fun annual festivals. And maybe in a few years, it'll be a place with some fun rides too. Nothing wrong with that.

Honestly, it's amazing to me just how massive that park is. There's no other park like it. The nation pavilions are each like their own Diagon Alley's worth of immersive theming, and that's pretty incredible when you think about it. You throw a few fun rides into the mix and you got yourself a theme park. People get too caught up in nostalgia to enjoy it for what it is I guess.

"EPCOT Center" is dead. "Epcot" is a theme park with beautifully themed areas, good restaurants, and fun annual festivals. And maybe in a few years, it'll be a place with some fun rides too. Nothing wrong with that.

Honestly, it's amazing to me just how massive that park is. There's no other park like it. The nation pavilions are each like their own Diagon Alley's worth of immersive theming, and that's pretty incredible when you think about it. You throw a few fun rides into the mix and you got yourself a theme park. People get too caught up in nostalgia to enjoy it for what it is I guess.

I will 100% never forgive that park for getting rid of JII. It's the one theme park thing I will never get over.

But the park is going to be way better after GOTG and Ratatouille. It still won't have nearly enough rides to be worth a whole day, but at least it won't be devoid of worthwhile ones anymore.

Yes, my opinion too. Love the World Showcase part of the park, but Future World needs fixed with a few more rides, and a nice central plaza area with things to do, to replace the Innovention buildings. I'd rather they move forward than backward. Education is way secondary to entertainment & fun when it comes to theme parks.

Yes, my opinion too. Love the World Showcase part of the park, but Future World needs fixed with a few more rides, and a nice central plaza area with things to do, to replace the Innovention buildings. I'd rather they move forward than backward. Education is way secondary to entertainment & fun when it comes to theme parks.
Let’s not kid ourselves, WS needs more rides as well.

Let’s not kid ourselves, WS needs more rides as well.
The Rat added to the mix will be fine for me. I enjoy the four nation films, and all the live entertainment. I generally spend about three fourths of my time in the WS. I find plenty to do there and love the country immersion. But Future World, presently, doesn't have enough attractions to balance the WS for things to do. I like a good mix of things to do. That's probably the main reason I don't like the concrete coaster parks anymore. They've become too one dimensional.

The Rat added to the mix will be fine for me. I enjoy the four nation films, and all the live entertainment. I generally spend about three fourths of my time in the WC. I find plenty to do there and love the country immersion. But Future World, presently, doesn't have enough attractions to balance the WS for things to do. I like a good mix of things to do. That's probably the main reason I don't like the concrete coaster parks anymore. They've become too one dimensional.
I think there needs to be at least one more dark ride so I really hope that the UK Attraction happens eventually, especially on the West side of WS.

There’s also about a three country gap on the East side without even a film. Just nothing but restaurants and shops.

I think there needs to be at least one more dark ride so I really hope that the UK Attraction happens eventually, especially on the West side of WS.

There’s also about a three country gap on the East side without even a film. Just nothing but restaurants and shops.

Just build an African rapids ride or something at the outpost. Make that area worthwhile haha

Just build an African rapids ride or something at the outpost. Make that area worthwhile haha
A ride actually CANT go there. It’s right next to the Illuminations marina so anything that gets built there needs to be built like a “bomb shelter” as @Marni1971 put it.

Both expansion plots there would be needed if they ever expanded a country into that area, for example.

Here are some questions for those in the "just put any rides in Epcot" camp, and I'm asking in good faith:

1. What is Epcot about today?
2. What should Epcot be about?
3. What makes Epcot unique compared to Magic Kingdom, and how will it stay that way?

I think these are important questions. To frame the discussion as "people who want new rides" vs. "people who don't want new rides and are stuck in the nostalgia-tinted past" is really unfair, I think.

Here are some questions for those in the "just put any rides in Epcot" camp, and I'm asking in good faith:

1. What is Epcot about today?
2. What should Epcot be about?
3. What makes Epcot unique compared to Magic Kingdom, and how will it stay that way?

I think these are important questions. To frame the discussion as "people who want new rides" vs. "people who don't want new rides and are stuck in the nostalgia-tinted past" is really unfair, I think.

1) Making money off of festivals
2) Being an entertaining theme park
3) Right now, Epcot is unique compared to Magic Kingdom in that it is bad.

EPCOT, as it was intended, is dead. It's probably never coming back. People don't have to like this. I don't necessarily like it, I've just gotten over it. At this point I just want the park to be *fun* in ways that don't involve drinking.

I don't begrudge the people who want EPCOT Center back. I just think carrying that torch will lead to nothing but disappointment. Its time came and went. At this point, I just want a park that's actually enjoyable and not a bar complex with a 100 dollar cover.

I think these are kind of flippant answers, but with respect to number 2, exactly what is Epcot's theme supposed to be? Because, ideally, a theme park should have an identity of some sort.

I mean EPCOT currently has no identity other than "The Festival Park". I'm not being flippant at all. Epcot will keep its same vaguely World's Fair-ish identity. I don't think that's going anywhere. It's not as obviously World's Fair as it once was, but it will still be that. Just with cartoon characters.