Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I feel like this ride has a chance at surprising us most considering how low many of our expectations have gotten. We really don’t have a good idea of what to expect with this ride yet besides launch coaster with spinning cars.

Do most people have low expectations for this?

I’m looking forward to this just as much as Tron. I've not been shy about my love for Guardians at DCA and I think this is going to be more of the same.

I’m looking forward to this just as much as Tron. I've not been shy about my love for Guardians at DCA and I think this is going to be more of the same.
I love GotG and Mission Breakout on their own, but I feel like this was seeming to be lacking the innovation many would hope from a ride getting this much money thrown at it.

But as I also said, we’ve also severely lacked any real info about the ride experience on this for awhile now. Many have been inferring a lot based on what people like Martin have said WONT be included in the ride. Always dangerous to assume.

Reactions: Scott W.

And...fixed.

View attachment 9698

But seriously, this looks fantastic.

I prefer the initial version. :shrug:

I think just plopping down a ship on top of the building makes it feel considerably less Epcot-y than that first design.

Depends on the person. People like me, who want Epcot to remain a unique and "special" park with a cohesive identity, are incredibly skeptical and have very low expectations, yes. Others, who just want a fun roller coaster, probably have good reason to be excited.

My group is probably the minority here, and certainly the minority among the "average" theme park fans.

But as I also said, we’ve also severely lacked any real info about the ride experience on this for awhile now. Many have been inferring a lot based on what people like Martin have said WONT be included in the ride. Always dangerous to assume.

Why do I feel like you're talking about me? ;)

Depends on the person. People like me, who want Epcot to remain a unique and "special" park with a cohesive identity, are incredibly skeptical and have very low expectations, yes. Others, who just want a fun roller coaster, probably have good reason to be excited.

My group is probably the minority here, and certainly the minority among the "average" theme park fans.
I'm not even that much of a purist for most things Epcot (Future World at least), but I still have my expectations extremely tempered.

Not talking about any singular person. Hell, i'm pretty much who I was talking about if anyone :lol:

Reactions: belloq87
I prefer the initial version. :shrug:

I think just plopping down a ship on top of the building makes it feel considerably less Epcot-y than that first design.

Epcot is dead. Long live IPcot.

Reactions: SailwiththeTide
I know it's unlikely that a second GotG attraction happens at Epcot, but if one were to happen (or even a Doctor Strange), there's plenty of room next to the gravity building. The UoE building could potentially serve as the queue for multiple different rides, one would think. The building is certainly large enough. Just an observation.

Reactions: leavesonthelawn
I know it's unlikely that a second GotG attraction happens at Epcot, but if one were to happen (or even a Doctor Strange), there's plenty of room next to the gravity building. The UoE building could potentially serve as the queue for multiple different rides, one would think. The building is certainly large enough. Just an observation.

I believe the area directly to the left of the gravity building, where they’re staging now, will be a retention pond when they’re done? And the area directly behind the old UoE building is getting a maintenance bay attached to the back.

I believe the area directly to the left of the gravity building, where they’re staging now, will be a retention pond when they’re done? And the area directly behind the old UoE building is getting a maintenance bay attached to the back.
Ah forgot about the pond (of course it is something that could always be moved) and maintenance bay.

If anyone is riding the monorail to EPCOT today, there are two really big track sections staged in the construction area in front of UoE building. They look like station or brake run segments (brakes pre-installed on them). I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get the picture and didn't feel like doing another full lap on the monorail to try and get it.

When you look at them it is really striking how BIG this track is. Very wide and beefy looking. It gives a little more perspective to that hill into the show building which appeared small because we're not used to the size of this track. If it was standard gauge for most Vekoma coasters, it would be small, but everything about this is up-sized for the weight and size of the cars.

If anyone is riding the monorail to EPCOT today, there are two really big track sections staged in the construction area in front of UoE building. They look like station or brake run segments (brakes pre-installed on them). I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to get the picture and didn't feel like doing another full lap on the monorail to try and get it.

When you look at them it is really striking how BIG this track is. Very wide and beefy looking. It gives a little more perspective to that hill into the show building which appeared small because we're not used to the size of this track. If it was standard gauge for most Vekoma coasters, it would be small, but everything about this is up-sized for the weight and size of the cars.

Similar in size to B&M dive coaster track?

Reactions: leavesonthelawn