Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure if it's part of the larger Epcot overhaul, or specifically this project, but the WDI trailer near Energy is being demolished. The main WDI building is staying.

trailerdemo.jpg

Reactions: Alicia
Land clearing supposedly has begun according to reddit Ground clearing has begun for Epcot's Guardians of the Galaxy ride : WaltDisneyWorld

UkrvLoGS3mh5kVraYz49Vhv3wDArcUQBCQCC0cagZQU.jpg

It's not clear to me though if this picture is actually within area outlined in the permits filed awhile back.

Well at the very least they know the shape and size of the show building. Do we have confirm that UoE is currently being gutted? (like at the moment instead of eventually)

To throw this out, Vekoma is now testing what seems to be a brand new inverted ride system, one that seems to have the potential for coaster and dark ride capabilites. With Disney's collaboration with Vekoma in the past, on multiple projects; I thought to myself, would they be potentially interested to collaborate with Disney on a Vekoma version of the InvertPow?

Just for example, from MidwayMayhem;

To throw this out, Vekoma is now testing what seems to be a brand new inverted ride system, one that seems to have the potential for coaster and dark ride capabilites. With Disney's collaboration with Vekoma in the past, on multiple projects; I thought to myself, would they be potentially interested to collaborate with Disney on a Vekoma version of the InvertPow?

Just for example, from MidwayMayhem;

I believe the ride system will be sit down with launched elements (including a backwards launch into a show building).

I believe the ride system will be sit down with launched elements (including a backwards launch into a show building).

I hope that it isn't Vekoma. I don't care much for their rides. I like Intamin but understand that they have some reliability issues. Maybe using Mack for the Slink Dog coaster is a sign that WDW is looking at some different manufacturers. Mack has some great launched coasters.

I hope that it isn't Vekoma. I don't care much for their rides. I like Intamin but understand that they have some reliability issues. Maybe using Mack for the Slink Dog coaster is a sign that WDW is looking at some different manufacturers. Mack has some great launched coasters.

To be fair, how is the track upkeep for rides like Big Grizzly Mountain, Everest, and Tron Lightcycle Power Run in Shanghai? Because all three of those are from Vekoma, and I haven't seen any complaints for those.

To be fair, how is the track upkeep for rides like Big Grizzly Mountain, Everest, and Tron Lightcycle Power Run in Shanghai? Because all three of those are from Vekoma, and I haven't seen any complaints for those.

Good point. I have ridden other Vekoma coasters that just are very jerky for being steel. Everest still seems fairly smooth, though. The other two are too new to really judge. Maybe the intensity of the coaster plays a role.

Good point. I have ridden other Vekoma coasters that just are very jerky for being steel. Everest still seems fairly smooth, though. The other two are too new to really judge. Maybe the intensity of the coaster plays a role.

Not to mention that Disney has huge pockets to spend to make sure the track is smooth as possible.

Perhaps.

Another one, that I don't think we ever got an answer on who did it, was 7DMT from Vekoma as-well? It wouldn't shock me in a bit.

I would think Vekoma would be the ones to do Guardians, not Mack. Could I be wrong? Perhaps, but I don't think Mack is a good choice for that type of a coaster just yet.

Not to mention that Disney has huge pockets to spend to make sure the track is smooth as possible.

Yep, and that I would imagine they would want to go with someone that has been well tested for disney and has been used in multiple other parks in the company.

Martin has mentioned that this ride will be similar to RNRC in that it will have on ride audio (Awesome mixtape songs) and will have flats for the on ride portion.

He mentioned the part that intrigues him the most is the initial launch.

GOTG: Infinite Universe is the current rumored name.

Yeah, my interest in this has gone way down as of right now. Hopefully things change but I doubt it.
I've been waiting to see more info since we now know that the light cycle concept will be for Tomorrowland. Maybe the new preview center in DHS will have some info/images?

I've been waiting to see more info since we now know that the light cycle concept will be for Tomorrowland. Maybe the new preview center in DHS will have some info/images?
I doubt we here any official details on this project until next year at the earliest... maybe not even until D23 2019.

Martin has mentioned that this ride will be similar to RNRC in that it will have on ride audio (Awesome mixtape songs) and will have flats for the on ride portion.

He mentioned the part that intrigues him the most is the initial launch.

GOTG: Infinite Universe is the current rumored name.
.......but why?

It's even more hilarious this won't be open for another 3 and a half years. Busch or Six Flags could've had this open by next fall without the necessary infrastructure for Energy :lol:

Hasn't Martin also said that he's expecting Ratatouille will be considered the better ride when compared to Guardians? Yikes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Ratatouille (though a good portion of that is because it's a true addition rather than a replacement), but I was certainly hoping for something better with Guardians.

.......but why?

It's even more hilarious this won't be open for another 3 and a half years. Busch or Six Flags could've had this open by next fall without the necessary infrastructure for Energy :lol:

It reeks of cheapness. Has this thing already been "value engineered?" Usually that happens further along into construction!

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life