Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It will clearly be visible from the parking lot. But it won't really look like it's in the park. More like a large backstage building. The plan I saw had a tunnel from the existing building to the new large building. From the pic, I couldn't determine whether we will be walking through that tunnel á la Space Mtn., or riding through the tunnel á la RnR. But the tunnel did have a slight dog leg.

Inside the park, you shouldn't be able to see it unless you're really trying. And particularly anywhere near the front of the attraction. Maybe if you back up against the back of Mouse Gear.

Load in UOE. Tunnel launch to new show building. *cough*

While i love Marni, there may be bias
Gotg will be an equal if not better overall attraction than Rat...the pre shows and fx will be good on GotG

Rats nee build to Paris will make it very nice

Honestly id expect a Gringotts reaction from Disney fans....lots of pre ride flash for a nice ride

While i love Marni, there may be bias
Gotg will be an equal if not better overall attraction than Rat...the pre shows and fx will be good on GotG

Rats nee build to Paris will make it very nice

Honestly id expect a Gringotts reaction from Disney fans....lots of pre ride flash for a nice ride
I agree Martin is probably biased in this situation because he has a distaste for coasters and to say he's fond of Epcot is a huge understatement. He sees GotG as ruining Epcot's vision (which i'm not sure many would disagree) whereas he is actually very complementary of Rat and it's placement. He seems to like it.

I think it will depend on the type of person you are on which ride you like more. Neither will compete for best ride in Orlando surely, but they'll definitely be a hit with guests.

I may be way off base here, but I think Infinite Universe will share more DNA with Space Mountain in Paris than anything else. It’s a launched coaster, has dark ride elements, but no full-on dark ride show scenes, is probably set in space (with FX to match), and it would help explain why Disney was more keen on building TRON next to Space Mountain instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashhanbre
No matter what they put here, there is no way that it won't be an improvement over Ellen's Energy Adventure.
I personally like RRRC a lot, but I was expecting something a little more themed like RoTM or GB.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
No matter what they put here, there is no way that it won't be an improvement over Ellen's Energy Adventure.
I personally like RRRC a lot, but I was expecting something a little more themed like RoTM or GB.

Still doesn’t mean “whatever” is ultimately good for the park.

To quote Josh Spiegel on slashfilm

The Universe of Energy needed to change, well before this year. Few people would argue this point, even the diehard fans who are heartbroken about the Guardians of the Galaxy taking the pavilion’s place. The issue is less that Walt Disney Imagineering (or perhaps Disney executives) wanted the Universe of Energy to change; it’s how the attraction is changing. This is a microcosm of the frustration. A theme park that dedicates itself, or part of itself, to an idealized vision of the future means that it must frequently change to accommodate the present and how it informs what will come to pass. But how those changes are made, and why they are made, has led to Epcot feeling like a shell of its past self. An attraction featuring Peter Quill and Company might be fun, but what does it have to do with energy, and why should it be housed next to pavilions dedicated to transportation, space travel, and the like?

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia
I've gone at length about this in the past on this board. So I'll sum it up.

When it comes to "EPCOT's original vision"...that idea is dead and buried. EPCOT has been a "shell of it's former self" for quite sometime. it's become the "Food and Wine" Park, with some science museum rides.

The dream is over.

Reactions: fryoj
USF used to be about ride the movies. Does that mean you want the Simpsons and Fallon to go and have Nintendo not come? Things change. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. And the better vs worse is subjective.

USF used to be about ride the movies. Does that mean you want the Simpsons and Fallon to go and have Nintendo not come? Things change. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. And the better vs worse is subjective.

If I could remove Simpsons and replace Toon Lagoon with the IP plus add Nintendo and Fallon to or the new park, I think I'd be ok with it. Move HRRR with it too.

As long as the rides are there in some capacity and some shuffling was done to fill the void left.

I've gone at length about this in the past on this board. So I'll sum it up.

When it comes to "EPCOT's original vision"...that idea is dead and buried. EPCOT has been a "shell of it's former self" for quite sometime. it's become the "Food and Wine" Park, with some science museum rides.

The dream is over.

Epcot has its place. I believe while they can add educational things while being distinctively Disney. I would rather Epcot be that festival park and not the other ones.

It just occurred to me that there will be 3 launch coasters in the dark with glowing set pieces to zoom past once Guardians and TRON open.

Isn't that a bit of over-saturation..? Especially with how close to TRON Guardians will open?

So maybe they're not going that route...?

It just occurred to me that there will be 3 launch coasters in the dark with glowing set pieces to zoom past once Guardians and TRON open.

Isn't that a bit of over-saturation..? Especially with how close to TRON Guardians will open?

Eh, different parks. I get what you mean, but it's not like people going to be riding all three in the same day.

Also, while we know some details, we don't know nearly enough about GOTG to judge yet. Ill be interested in what the track layout is like and who the manufacturer is.

Reactions: Andysol

If this really is mostly in the dark, I expect to hear Rocket say during the ride "Hey, this feels familiar, are we on Space Mountain right now?"

Eh, different parks. I get what you mean, but it's not like people going to be riding all three in the same day.

Also, while we know some details, we don't know nearly enough about GOTG to judge yet. Ill be interested in what the track layout is like and who the manufacturer is.

I just cant imagine the marketing for TRON and Guardians being easy if they're so similar. There has to be some major distinction.