Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That sounds a little backwards. Guardians, a movie that has jet packs and Captain America, a character who doesn’t fly.

Yeah, to be honest; Guardians seems like something that would work more for the Inverted Vekoma coaster than per say a launching Mack Spinner with multi-inversions and dark ride elements.

That sounds a little backwards. Guardians, a movie that has jet packs and Captain America, a character who doesn’t fly.
Yeah, but being launched down a horizontal tunnel doesn't sound much like a verticle launched flyer to me. But I could make it work. Something like a verticle launch into an inverted immelman that brings back down to floor level where you blast down the tunnel, which is your escape route. At the end of the tunnel you burst into space (the big box building). That would be way cool, but is inconsistent with Martin's "this isn't going to be anything special" attitude.

Captain America does seem more like a Motorbike Coaster, but much like the Forbidden Forest coaster, a string of Steves on bikes sounds off.

Reactions: Scott W.
considering that Epcot has zero thrill rides. It makes sense that they would put a coaster in. It's the only park that doesn't have one. Newsflash, despite what Mike S says, coasters are popular.

Reactions: captainmoch
considering that Epcot has zero thrill rides. It makes sense that they would put a coaster in. It's the only park that doesn't have one. Newsflash, despite what Mike S says, coasters are popular.
I believe a couple Coaster concepts were originally planned for World Showcase but never came to be. One of them was a Mt Fuji coaster behind Japan.

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3281.JPG

I understand where you’re coming from but the engineering required to do this (and the power) would be way more than a flat launch. To put it simply not only are you fighting the friction of the track but also launching/breaking factoring in gravity.
Not impossible mind.

Given the shoot Cheetah Hunt needs just to get up that small section, it would need alot of power granted!

I understand where you’re coming from but the engineering required to do this (and the power) would be way more than a flat launch. To put it simply not only are you fighting the friction of the track but also launching/breaking factoring in gravity.

It has a little help at the start, but

However, large scale flyer-train. Maybe not.

Reactions: Scott W.
EPCOT has three thrill rides: Test Track, Mission: SPACE, and Soarin'.

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's appropriate.

These rides are "mildly" thrilling.
Test Track is basically driving in a convertible on the highway.
Soarin is a slow moving simulator with occasional small drops.
Mission space just makes people vomit.

I would say that none of these rides give the "thrill" of an actual roller coaster.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yeah, I dont think anything at Epcot currently really counts as a thrill ride - moreso M:S which is unintentionally a vomit comet.

I'm not opposed to coasters in Epcot. The Japan and Swiss pavilion plans both included them from the earliest days. It's a matter of execution - and the idea that it'll be akin to RnRc troubles me, as that seems to seriously limit the thematic statement it can make.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
These rides are "mildly" thrilling.
Test Track is basically driving in a convertible on the highway.
Soarin is a slow moving simulator with occasional small drops.
Mission space just makes people vomit.

I would say that none of these rides give the "thrill" of an actual roller coaster.

I'd disagree with Test Track not being a thrill ride. Sure, it's not giving the biggest thrill but it's giving something plus it's also the fastest ride in Disney World and only 2mph slower than Hulk.

It's also an important attraction, it's a major jumping stone for kids looking to get into coasters. The speed and openess of the cars should give the young thrill seekers a glimpse of what's to come.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Just to be clear I'm not defending the use of GOTG at Epcot. Personally I think it's an awful idea. If the ride is fun though, then I'll be ok. ALSO you have to breathe a sigh of relief that they did this instead of make Tower of Terror look like a space prison.

ALSO you have to breathe a sigh of relief that they did this instead of make Tower of Terror look like a space prison.
This is something I definitely agree with. That was my biggest fear of all.

The fact that the UoE building will remain intact, even with the solar cells on the roof in concept art, is the best part of this new ride so far. At least there's that.

If it's done with multiple launches, it could be a good ride and have show type scenes. It might hurt capacity some, but if it's that vs a launch and spaghetti bowl coaster....

Having seen the plans it looks to be a sizable ride track. This will be very much like RnR in that there will be a connecting tunnel (actually it looks like more of a bridge) between the existing UoE building and the show building. I say bridge because it looks like the service road will still run where it does now behind UoE. There appears to be ride track in both buildings with straight sections running parallel (out and back) between them. The exterior of the show building will look a lot like the exterior of the GotG building in DCA.

Having seen the plans it looks to be a sizable ride track. This will be very much like RnR in that there will be a connecting tunnel (actually it looks like more of a bridge) between the existing UoE building and the show building. I say bridge because it looks like the service road will still run where it does now behind UoE. There appears to be ride track in both buildings with straight sections running parallel (out and back) between them. The exterior of the show building will look a lot like the exterior of the GotG building in DCA.

Someone warn Home Depot to stock up on random pipe fittings and metallic spray paint.

Reactions: Joel
GotG: Mission Breakout looks like a gay Transformer designed the building.

300px-MTMTE1_cvrE.jpg

Reactions: SkiBum
So popular that Disney will have three new coasters open by 2021 at three different parks.