Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I could believe the whole Future World revive project is $900M, but this would be the most expensive singular ride in theme park history and not by a small amount. It would be by HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS.

I think some wires must have been crossed when this person got their numbers.
I'd believe that since isn't the entire Epcot update supposed to be around 2 billion? Even still, at this point I don't put anything past Disney. Maybe they have to pay themselves their own licensing fee for the use of Marvel characters, lol!

I'd believe that since isn't the entire Epcot update supposed to be around 2 billion? Even still, at this point I don't put anything past Disney. Maybe they have to pay themselves their own licensing fee for the use of Marvel characters, lol!

Now we know what those secret Disney/Universal/Marvel contract meetings resulted in.

What I’ve heard is the only thing planned so far is what has been announced. They’re still developing and proposing other projects. So there is no $2bn project quite yet.

Now we know what those secret Disney/Universal/Marvel contract meetings resulted in.

Ya, a bunch of new rides for Universal :whoo:

No, stop this now. This is uneducated speculation that will lead to false information.

What I’ve heard is the only thing planned so far is what has been announced. They’re still developing and proposing other projects. So there is no $2bn project quite yet.

No, stop this now. This is uneducated speculation that will lead to false information.

Is joking considered speculation now? :rolleyes:

tumblr_lgj0nq1TjM1qggekro1_500.gif

k fine I added a disclaimer

If the budget for this attraction is truly $900 million then the Disney accounting team must be getting creative with their numbers. Perhaps they are running expenses related to the Epcot overhaul but not necessarily directly involved with the new attraction into that number?

I hate Disney.

Also reportedly this attractions budget is $900m which is such a waste.
It literally can't be 900M. DCA was originally built out for less than that.

I have the feeling that attraction budgets are becoming the new attendance numbers. Everybody's doing weird math to inflate their numbers and impress people.

I could see it being 900m for Guardians, Ratatouille, Mission Space restaurant, the new UK attraction, the Coco overlay for Grand Fiesta Tour, AND the potential new WS pavilion... but I can't imagine it being 900m for that one attraction. It just doesn't add up.

Shanghai’s Pirates was rumored to sit at $450 million. That’s gotta be the Future World number as a whole, or this is going to be a hell of an attraction.

Where could $900m possibly be going? I know they're having to build a separate show building, but isn't that supposedly just going to be coaster track and cheap flats inside? Unless there's something really, really special that's going to happen in that new building, this project should not even cost a third of that amount.

So I see no way that figure is correct.

Where could $900m possibly be going? I know they're having to build a separate show building, but isn't that supposedly just going to be coaster track and cheap flats inside? Unless there's something really, really special that's going to happen in that new building, this project should not even cost a third of that amount.

So I see no way that figure is correct.

I am in the "No way" camp. Pandora was rumored to be close to $1.0B and that included all the land scenery and the two rides. The coaster system will probably cost around $30M and maybe another $100M on whatever design goes in as theming (can't remember the technical term that everyone argued about a couple years ago).

Even Ratatoullie shouldn't cost that much. It's a clone and development shouldn't be as intensive. All the proposed changes added together (excluding Star Wars) might cost that much. Man, I am in the wrong business otherwise.