Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It will very, very likely just be stuff from the GOTG soundtracks. Nothing else would make sense unless specifically created for the ride.
I don’t think it’s outrageous to wish for this considering only one out of the six songs used for Mission Breakout were from even one of the movies.

Reactions: jtsalien and Alicia
So... the Tower of Terror overlay is likely the better Guardians attraction?

Who would have placed money on that?

I love AAs as much as the next guy, but no. I don't think so. The pre show will still be funny, and you don' need AAs to have cool effects. As a proponent of DL Space>MK Space, I'm a big fan of essentially a launched version of Ghost Galaxy coming here.

I love AAs as much as the next guy, but no. I don't think so. The pre show will still be funny, and you don' need AAs to have cool effects. As a proponent of DL Space>MK Space, I'm a big fan of essentially a launched version of Ghost Galaxy coming here.
I'm still very much looking forward to the ride. I love new rides and coasters of all sorts and Guardians of the Galaxy so I cannot wait... But that Rocket AA at California Adventure is SO CUTE! And I'm not gonna be visiting Disneyland any time soon.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I think this sounds absolutely dreadful. Like, really bad.

No AAs (the park lost around 40 from Universe of Energy!), no physical show scenes, no Epcot relevance.
Agreed. Just a fairly generic indoor coaster for all intents & purposes. Great for the locals, but for a tourist that comes from the northeast USA with it's thousands of coasters, it's nothing special for a "Theme Park". I can go to a park that's 15 minutes away for that kind of experience.

Reactions: belloq87
Agreed. Just a fairly generic indoor coaster for all intents & purposes. Great for the locals, but for a tourist that comes from the northeast USA with it's thousands of coasters, it's nothing special for a "Theme Park". I can go to a park that's 15 minutes away for that kind of experience.

Disagree. Epcot desperately needs a coaster. I’d prefer a coaster that stays on theme, but this is still good for the park

Disagree. Epcot desperately needs a coaster. I’d prefer a coaster that stays on theme, but this is still good for the park
Yea, I agree that Epcot needs more rides, even if they're off theme, so that folks have more fun things to do between food and wine tastings, getting drunk, learning, and waiting for that Frozen FastPass. I'm happy to be getting another fast ride. I'll always be sad to have lost Horizons, the original Imagination, even the boring World of Motion... but those days are over and I'm okay with change. They can't take away my memories!

Like this one time, I ran into this little boy in line at Spaceship Earth when I was a kid, I think his name was Peter Quill or something. And we talked about how much we liked the Universe of Energy ride cause of the dinos. What a great time.

Yea, I agree that Epcot needs more rides, even if they're off theme, so that folks have more fun things to do between food and wine tastings, getting drunk, learning, and waiting for that Frozen FastPass. I'm happy to be getting another fast ride. I'll always be sad to have lost Horizons, the original Imagination, even the boring World of Motion... but those days are over and I'm okay with change. They can't take away my memories!

Like this one time, I ran into this little boy in line at Spaceship Earth when I was a kid, I think his name was Peter Quill or something. And we talked about how much we liked the Universe of Energy ride cause of the dinos. What a great time.

Right. Old EPCOT is dead and gone and it ain't coming back. I'm not gonna be sad a new ride worth riding doesn't fit the theme, when there's been no theme for almost 2 decades

Right. Old EPCOT is dead and gone and it ain't coming back. I'm not gonna be sad a new ride worth riding doesn't fit the theme, when there's been no theme for almost 2 decades

My only argument is fans and Disney shouldn’t try and prevent it fits theme. It’s disingenuous.

Seems like Disney is following in Universal's old footsteps. New & upcoming Disney attractions are primarily screen based and a basically unthemed coaster. Seems I recall Universal often being criticized for that direction. Universal tears down an unthemed coaster. Disney plans on building one. Meanwhile, Universal (after F&F) is going in another direction concerning attractions. I find this all hilariously ironic. ...........I have no nostalgia for the old Epcot. It never interested me enough to go there. But Disney could, and should, be expected to do much better than building an attraction barely themed.

Reactions: Cheezbat

I don't need old EPCOT. I'd just like a park with some coherence. You may think the Epcot of the last 20 years hasn't had any coherence, but I certainly don't see how dropping in a movie tie-in science fiction ride improves the park's coherence. And how do we know the ride is worth riding?

And look, I'm not trying to be combative. I just think there's sometimes a lot of "You're just stuck in the past"-type dismissiveness around here towards those of us who want Epcot to get back to being about something again.

My only argument is fans and Disney shouldn’t try and prevent it fits theme. It’s disingenuous.

Meh.

I don't need old EPCOT. I'd just like a park with some coherence. You may think the Epcot of the last 20 years hasn't had any coherence, but I certainly don't see how dropping in a movie tie-in science fiction ride improves the park's coherence. And how do we know the ride is worth riding?

Park coherence is dead. Avatar is in Animal Kingdom. DHS is...whatever it's becoming. Nemo is in Tokyo DisneySEA.

As long as the rides are good and fit if I squint, I just can't be bothered to care anymore.

Reactions: jtsalien
I think I'd be less annoyed if there was one inversion. Hell, I'd take an over-banked curve. For a launched coaster, the exhilaration of speeding straight into a roll is the best part. If you're NOT doing that then use as much space as possible to give massive airtime (which Slinky Dog and Wave Breaker or whatever at SWSA actually do).

The coaster portion of Mummy (both of them) is pretty ho-hum. You get decent airtime at the top of the first launch, but it's meh compared to Rockin' Roller Coaster. Guardians sounds like it'll be that without the show scenes (which are best part of Mummy). You're going to get a couple bunny hops between two helixes in the dark. Disney coasters always live and die by their theming, except RnRC because that ride is good. This doesn't feel like it will have much other than some projections of the old Epcot and Chris Pratt screaming.

I'm actually fine with IPs in Epcot. Nemo is one of my favorite rides there and Figment was always an original IP that was never capitalized on. This, though, is just lazy and feels almost like a waste of the IP. Cramming some hackneyed time-travel, "Star-Lord visited Epcot Center once" backstory into a coaster is the most back-handed plea for nostalgic credibility Disney has ever stooped to.

They could have just made the same ride a generic space exploration coaster. Or time travel coaster. Or exploration of the human body coaster. :bang: