Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's been talk of wanting to do a Summer festival for some time now. I truly believe that by the time this ride opens, the park is going to be just one giant festival year round. I think a lot of people take issue with that in the wrong way though (some just don't like that they exist). I think the Festivals actually fit the theme of Epcot as a permanent World's Fair. What I take issue with is them using festivals to make boatloads while not investing much in the park.

Wish I could like this more than once.

The booths and exhibits are exactly what Epcot stands for. It's only a problem because it's being used to hide all of the parks real issues.

Except for this Guardians thing this summer. That's not Epcot. It's hot garbage :lol:

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
Are they going to be at the American Gardens Theatre doing the Guardians thing? Because that would be REALLY out of place.

I hope they put them next to where their ride will be in Future World just to at least keep them away from the rest of the park.

"This summer, beloved stories from several Disney films will come to life at Walt Disney World in the form of new attractions, entertainment, experiences and more at all four parks, setting up summer 2018 to truly be an “Incredible Summer.”"

WOAH, wait a minute. Two dance parties (Epcot, MK), a revised bird show (AK) and a character celebration (AK) ???
I get the opening of TSL will be a big deal, but all this other stuff is just crap.

"This summer, beloved stories from several Disney films will come to life at Walt Disney World in the form of new attractions, entertainment, experiences and more at all four parks, setting up summer 2018 to truly be an “Incredible Summer.”"

WOAH, wait a minute. Two dance parties (Epcot, MK), a revised bird show (AK) and a character celebration (AK) ???
I get the opening of TSL will be a big deal, but all this other stuff is just crap.
At MK i'm just used to it at this point. A dance party is nothing notable to announce because there's always one going on. One at Epcot is notable though and I really hope this doesn't become the new normal there.

Reactions: jtsalien
At MK i'm just used to it at this point. A dance party is nothing notable to announce because there's always one going on. One at Epcot is notable though and I really hope this doesn't become the new normal there.
Agreed, the Galaxy theater in Tomorrowland is made for these as well as other seasonal offering so its not really anything new other than its themeing.
I'm just wondering where in Epcot they would put this? Outside, inside? Hell, they have a whole lot of space inside Innoventions but I'm thinking it would get lost in there. (which is ok by me, LOL) I just hope it stays in Future World, maybe they will put up the Fountain Stage?

Agreed, the Galaxy theater in Tomorrowland is made for these as well as other seasonal offering so its not really anything new other than its themeing.
I'm just wondering where in Epcot they would put this? Outside, inside? Hell, they have a whole lot of space inside Innoventions but I'm thinking it would get lost in there. (which is ok by me, LOL) I just hope it stays in Future World, maybe they will put up the Fountain Stage?
The fountain stage unfortunately makes a lot of sense as the stage is already in place and it's along the main path, so people will notice in on the way in, out and in between rides.

Wonders of Life could be a very off-the-wall, slim chance location. They've actually been doing upgrades to the roofing and insides of the building lately, but I wouldn't read too much into it. Even as an abandoned building that they mostly just rent out it needs upkeep. Otherwise they can't charge hand over fist for people to use it.

Reactions: Alicia and jtsalien
There's been talk of wanting to do a Summer festival for some time now. I truly believe that by the time this ride opens, the park is going to be just one giant festival year round. I think a lot of people take issue with that in the wrong way though (some just don't like that they exist). I think the Festivals actually fit the theme of Epcot as a permanent World's Fair. What I take issue with is them using festivals to make boatloads while not investing much in the park.

I can't agree more with this. I love the festivals and I don't think I'd really enter Epcot without them any more but all the festivals are promoting a negative attitude towards the barebones of the park. If there is a festival on at all times then why do they need to invest in anything else?

I know people said they wanted to throw things at the Trump AA in Magic Kingdom, but I would totally throw something at the GOTG "Dance Party" performers in Epcot.

Just kidding, but ewww.

It's not really the performers fault, though.

Now if they want F&W level money... Dunking booth with the president of Epcot or TDO.....

Reactions: belloq87

Agreed, there's really nothing wrong with the Festivals. They fit the park and have essentially been it's life support for quite some time. But the park seriously needs quality additions so it doesn't feel like the Festivals are the only thing it has. There needs to be actual attractions open in WoL, Imagination needs a overhaul. As it stands, those two pavilions are dead spaces, and depending how you feel, Mission: Space can be considered a third. Epcot is the only park which has this major issue, and all we're hearing is crickets on what'll be done with them.

As for this dance party, you know this could've been alright for like one of the New Year's Eve dances. But over the Summer? It's DCA all over again.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World’s Longest Enclosed Coasters

They're not even trying to appease Epcot fans at this point. At least it sounds like the attraction won't be the 60-second special some have been fearing, but that's little consolation.
It doesn't mean it won't be a 60 second ride, actually.

Read into the wording - This will be the "Longest" indoor coaster. Longest is going by track length. This ride is going to have a high speed launch, possibly more than one. Launches make for a faster ride time (whereas lift hills pad ride time).

It doesn't mean it won't be a 60 second ride, actually.

Read into the wording - This will be the "Longest" indoor coaster. Longest is going by track length. This ride is going to have a high speed launch, possibly more than one. Launches make for a faster ride time (whereas lift hills pad ride time).

I'm just trying to find some positives, here! ;)

Reactions: Nick
I'm just trying to find some positives, here! ;)
If i'm trying to find positives, it's in this part of the article: "It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests."

I know this is all PR speak and stuff, but that's quite the statement. What does WDI consider "innovative"? Is this going to be a one-of-a-kind RV that we've yet to see elsewhere? To me, if that's true, it at least gives me a sliver of hope that even though GotG doesn't fit thematically, it has a chance to be something special despite that.

Unique story line (borrowed from Universal & adapted with lots of money spent for Imagineers writer's salaries), it goes something like this ....."And Something Terrible Goes Wrong at Epcot" ;):lol:

If i'm trying to find positives, it's in this part of the article: "It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests."

I know this is all PR speak and stuff, but that's quite the statement. What does WDI consider "innovative"? Is this going to be a one-of-a-kind RV that we've yet to see elsewhere? To me, if that's true, it at least gives me a sliver of hope that even though GotG doesn't fit thematically, it has a chance to be something special despite that.

When it comes to the "innovative" ride system, it's hard to say as the last thing Disney touted as "innovative" was the Skyliner Gondolas...which honestly couldn't be farther from the truth.

Now if it is a legitimate brand new ride system/coaster etc, it's a bit of a catch-22. On one hand it is something new and could be really exciting, but on the other hand, we've all seen time and time again how prototypes can run into a slew of issues.