Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

To further cement my earlier point, RNRC is actually one of the longest "Enclosed Coasters" in the world right now at 3400 ft of track. It clocks in around 60 seconds (Wikipedia says 1:22, but I feel like that's generous).

The fact is, there aren't many people making enclosed coasters besides Disney and Universal so the wording they used is cherry picking to the extreme. And they didn't even say it was the longest, just one of the longest.

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World’s Longest Enclosed Coasters

They're not even trying to appease Epcot fans at this point. At least it sounds like the attraction won't be the 60-second special some have been fearing, but that's little consolation.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney.
:ack:

WOW...I have to head to the Magic boards for the melt down on that quote....will need an extra large bag of popcorn.

tenor.gif

I guess it's just me. But I'm happy they throw money at R&D. With their size, resources, and influence they absolutely should. I get annoyed when things don't work out as planned or when they spend inordinate amounts on the actual construction.