Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the whole "relevant, timeless" line, that was a attempt to appease the Epcot fans on what was to come, and it was quickly shown to be all fluff once they announced what's coming. At this point I don't know who they're trying to please by hanging onto that line.

Well, as of 10am this morning, from @Marni1971 over at MAGIC:

"Also a ride system last time I checked that isn’t working as planned."

Wait, it's a drifting coaster?
But why?

Seriously, this is the first announced Marvel ride from Disney that's not a overlay or a clone of a preexisting attraction. This is something built from the ground up, and it's a coaster type which doesn't make sense with the IP that'll be using it. Choices like this doesn't make me feel any better about Epcot's future.

Reactions: tielo and belloq87
tenor.gif

It would be Ironic if Disney made a better F&F ride than Uni.

First 7DMT and now GotG. Disney is bringing my RCT3 coasters to life.

Drifting coasters are a cool idea, I can't help but to think of the old Whip amusement park ride. But for GotG? And let's face it: Disney has a spotty record with creating new rides systems. For every one that works out as well as the omnimover, so you have one like the Flying Saucers, that took them 5 decades to realize it was just an awful idea.

It might be me mis-remembering but I thought the show building was farther west and larger.
I thought so too.

Based on that location, they might as well have used Wonders of Life for this project if that's the building. It seems much closer to Wonders than to the UoE building.

I thought so too.

Based on that location, they might as well have used Wonders of Life for this project if that's the building. It seems much closer to Wonders than to the UoE building.

My gut feeling is that isn’t the ride show building or is only part of it.

My gut feeling is that isn’t the ride show building or is only part of it.
Yeah, i'd say it's only part of it or it could be for a high voltage electrical system to power up the coaster. This is being built in what was a forested area before so I imagine that needs to happen.

Reactions: tankart150
Yeah, i'd say it's only part of it or it could be for a high voltage electrical system to power up the coaster. This is being built in what was a forested area before so I imagine that needs to happen.

The nearly cleared out area above in the photo is where the show building should be located at.

Right that includes the ponds as well but I was referring to the block that’s behind Wonders of Life which I thought was the show building. Which from my judgement of the current aerials matches up with that block on the permit.

So what's the word on supposed capacity on this? Seems like this has the ability to be a people eater if the trains are large enough, and loading/unloading is a quick process.