Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gringotts would just barely make it onto my Top 10 Universal Attractions list. I just feel like Spider-Man and Revenge of the Mummy do everything Gringotts does, and do it better. The queue is far better than the ride is, for me.

Yea, Epcot sucks so I'd be amazed if this wasn't the best ride there immediately

It had certainly better be the best of the thrill attractions in the park, especially for the amount of money being spent on it.

But I'm honestly more excited for Ratatouille and the U.K. dark ride that is supposedly coming, though that probably says more about my lack of enthusiasm for Guardians than anything else.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Gringotts would just barely make it onto my Top 10 Universal Attractions list. I just feel like Spider-Man and Revenge of the Mummy do everything Gringotts does, and do it better. The queue is far better than the ride is, for me.

It had certainly better be the best of the thrill attractions in the park, especially for the amount of money being spent on it.

But I'm honestly more excited for Ratatouille and the U.K. dark ride that is supposedly coming, though that probably says more about my lack of enthusiasm for Guardians than anything else.

I think Rattouille looks increasingly mediocre from videos, so I’m not all that excited for it at all

Considering it'll open 6 years after it's WDSP counterpart, it should at least look significantly better than that version. But they really need to plus it (God I haven't used that phrase in a while) as it pales in comparison to all of the other screen rides down I-4.

Considering it'll open 6 years after it's WDSP counterpart, it should at least look significantly better than that version. But they really need to plus it (God I haven't used that phrase in a while) as it pales in comparison to all of the other screen rides down I-4.

I'm expecting it will be a straight clone, unfortunately. Maybe a few more setpiece elements inside the ride, but nothing major.

I still think it will be a fine D-ticket for WS, and one that can actually handle the crowds it's likely going to be getting.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Wasn't one of the biggest issues with the ride that your peripheral vision isn't blocked the way Universal's screen-based motion simulator rides do? If the walls of the Spider-Man ride vehicle weren't so tall the illusion would be ruined for many of the scenes... but everything I've seen for Ratatouille shows ride vehicles with fairly short side walls. Maybe it's not the biggest issue, but always seemed like an oversight to me.

Ratatouille-In-de-ratmobiel-Foto-Disney.jpg

I know it's a big problem for Antarctica's screen portion. What good is a screen portion if I can see the other cars to my left and right. Plus, the edges of the screen are so well defined.
antarctica.jpg

Reactions: tankart150
Wasn't one of the biggest issues with the ride that your peripheral vision isn't blocked the way Universal's screen-based motion simulator rides do? If the walls of the Spider-Man ride vehicle weren't so tall the illusion would be ruined for many of the scenes... but everything I've seen for Ratatouille shows ride vehicles with fairly short side walls. Maybe it's not the biggest issue, but always seemed like an oversight to me.

View attachment 6270

I know it's a big problem for Antarctica's screen portion. What good is a screen portion if I can see the other cars to my left and right. Plus, the edges of the screen are so well defined.
View attachment 6271

Yup, almost like Goddard Group knew what they were doing! I also heard the visuals themselves and the ride is just generally lackluster overall.

I think this will be a huge misstep now unless some major changes are made. But it's WDI and they think they walk on water.

You definitely feel more like a spectator and not so much that you're in the action like Universal's rides. This feels like they used the same trackless ride tech as if you were watching AA's or something more visually interesting than the action that's actually happening on screen. If there's one thing Universal can do right is to SYNC a ride vehicle motion to video in a way that really makes it immersive.

You definitely feel more like a spectator and not so much that you're in the action like Universal's rides. This feels like they used the same trackless ride tech as if you were watching AA's or something more visually interesting than the action that's actually happening on screen. If there's one thing Universal can do right is to SYNC a ride vehicle motion to video in a way that really makes it immersive.
All of this talk is making me more worried about the Battle Escape Ride for GE.

Reactions: Coasted
All of this talk is making me more worried about the Battle Escape Ride for GE.
It is a similar RV style, but I feel that the screens on that one will only be giant windows to space, and not simulated motion screens like the other rides we're discussing. Hopefully Battle Escape includes more AAs and real sets, then the low sides won't hurt, they might even help the experience... I hope.

This discussion should probably shift over to the dedicated Ratatouille thread.

Based on videos found on YouTube, does the ride appear to be too screen-heavy for my taste? Absolutely. But the general consensus as far as I can tell is that most people who've actually experienced it come away thinking it's a charming and fun little ride (keyword: little; it's not an E-ticket).

And again, we're not losing anything by Ratatouille coming to the park. It's not replacing a classic dark ride, or consigning dozens of AAs to the scrap heap. It's a proper addition, and I see that as only a good thing.