Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, i've come around to not caring. It'll probably look better plain anyway rather than wasting a bunch of money to extravagantly theme it. A building this size would not be cheap to theme.

I do wonder if they will paint it blue or green though.

Reactions: jtsalien
Yeah, i've come around to not caring. It'll probably look better plain anyway rather than wasting a bunch of money to extravagantly theme it. A building this size would not be cheap to theme.

I do wonder if they will paint it blue or green though.

I'd say Blue>Grey>Tan>Green are the odds in that order. It just makes sense that they take the Soarin approach with it. But we'll see.

Relevant to the ride...just realized Groot is a ripoff from Malicifent.
Similar to how Bert Macklin (FBI) is related to this ride, right?

ouoX5Un.gif

Reactions: jtsalien
It’s amazing that that is only half of the building - I say this in a slightly optimistic way this time.

Now hopefully Disney delivers on the actual ride.

I believe James Gunn once said in an interview that the ride would indeed invert, which may help explain the size of the building.

I believe James Gunn once said in an interview that the ride would indeed invert, which may help explain the size of the building.

James Gunn also said the ride would fully honor and conform to the original intentions of Epcot's salute to science, the natural world, and human achievement. We have yet to see any evidence that's really the case.

In any case, I hope he's wrong. As much as I don't like the idea of this ride in Epcot, I would at least like it to be an attraction I can experience. If it has inversions, I'll probably never ride it. I have yet to encounter any coaster with inversions that didn’t trigger some amount of lingering vertigo for me, so I just don’t do them anymore.

James Gunn also said the ride would fully honor and conform to the original intentions of Epcot's salute to science, the natural world, and human achievement. We have yet to see any evidence that's really the case.

In any case, I hope he's wrong. As much as I don't like the idea of this ride in Epcot, I would at least like it to be an attraction I can experience. If it has inversions, I'll probably never ride it. I have yet to encounter any coaster with inversions that didn’t trigger some amount of lingering vertigo for me, so I just don’t do them anymore.

I had heard that it had no inversions. I'm hoping that remains the case. I think that Marni stated that over on Magic.

Could it be possible that Imagineering doesn't know if the ride will invert yet or not? They build a building big enough to house their biggest practical idea and then figure out what to put inside of it as the building is going up?