Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

You'd think for it's $250 million budget (and reportedly certain to go over budget already) there'd be more than just an indoor coaster with very minimal theming. Doesn't sound like much bang for the buck.

You'd think for it's $250 million budget (and reportedly certain to go over budget already) there'd be more than just an indoor coaster with very minimal theming. Doesn't sound like much bang for the buck.

Modern Disney never gets bang for their buck. Apparently much of the budget has been sunk trying to figure out the ride vehicle, plus the construction of the massive new building.

How much you want to bet they blow it all on the queue and an animatronic Groot

If only! Supposedly there aren't going to be any AAs in this attraction.

I hope you're correct.

There was a report earlier this year (which went unchallenged by insiders) that this whole attraction would be sans AAs.
I think the 2 AAs will be in this peshow scene.

epcot-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2.jpg

I had heard mixed thing about AAs and no AAs. I think maybe there was confusion about no AAs on the RIDE rather than part of the overall experience. For the money they're spending, let's hope.
I'm expecting a nice queue, and quite possibly the same scenes from ToT haha

Initially they wanted SOMETHING open in Epcot in 2019 to pull some crowds away from Hollywood Studios, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm guessing next year is going to be a nightmare at DHS...hopefully Disney learns its lesson and fast tracks a phase 2 expansion to the park, as well as additional rides at the other parks to spread out guests.

Epcots new addition for 2019 will be the space restaurant. If it is close to the concept that has been discussed it will be the next difficult reservation to get at wdw.

Modern Disney never gets bang for their buck. Apparently much of the budget has been sunk trying to figure out the ride vehicle, plus the construction of the massive new building.

If only! Supposedly there aren't going to be any AAs in this attraction.

In all seriousness, how much does a building like that cost? I understand hurricane regulations play a part but it is basically a metal shell, right?