Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

It’s a fun place to eat and drink while going on convoluted and out dated theme park rides.

At one time it was the “ultimate” museum.

Now I just look forward to going on test track and hitting the different bars.

It’s a fun place to eat and drink while going on convoluted and out dated theme park rides.

At one time it was the “ultimate” museum.

Now I just look forward to going on test track and hitting the different bars.
I’ve only been to the park twice. Never again. I’ll go back for Guardians. Once I ride that a few times I’ll never revisit again until Disney adds another ride worth visiting.

I'd still visit Epcot (with a Spaceship Earth) ahead of any of the other WDW parks. SSE, American Adventure, The Seas with Nemo, and El Rio del Tiempo allow the park to actually be relaxing AND fulfilling.

Ditto. DHS is tied for second with AK. MK is a dismal fourth place.

We only go to Epcot during Food and Wine so we enjoy the park once a year. The addition of GOTG and Rat, while not popular with everyone, will help fill out the park and add much needed attractions. I'm always ready for a new coaster in Orlando, even if it doesn't quite fit the location.

It uses powered spin to turn the train around for the backwards section and to realign before the station, but the last section is free spinning

One question in my mind is about the thrill element, as in how thrilling will this ride be? Also, Disneyhead and other well-informed individuals have stated that this won't be a dark ride with coaster elements (ala Gringotts) but is a full-on coaster. I'm just wondering why develop or implement a controlled spin when there won't be a whole lot to look at? Seems like a very fun concept put into a ride type that won't take advantage of it.

Kind of like building "swinging" coaster cars to be like a mine car that really don't swing noticeably for a rider. Disclosure: I think that suspended coasters provide a far more "swinging" ride than 7DMT.

My impression is this will be a coaster, but with sections of dark ride elements. Maybe starting off like a dark ride then "something goes wrong" and it is launched into a coaster section.

My impression is this will be a coaster, but with sections of dark ride elements. Maybe starting off like a dark ride then "something goes wrong" and it is launched into a coaster section.

If by "dark ride elements," you mean "screens," I think you're on the right track.

We've been told to expect extremely minimal sets and 0 AAs in the actual ride itself.