Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most likely the overall system of providing powered spinning. Gringotts has powered spinning provided by on vehicle motors.
The spinning motion for Gringotts ride vehicles are powered by a bus bar, this one will use on-board power provided by charging plates. Another difference in the systems is the ability to rotate the on the yaw axis while moving along non-flat track. Gringotts can only spin while the track is flat because there isn't enough power provided to the motors to spin the vehicle while it's under various other accelerations. This vehicle can turn, bank, go up, and go down on the track and rotate at the same time. That should provide for a very unique experience.

As seen here:

Last edited:
The spinning motion for Gringotts ride vehicles are powered by a bus bar, this one will use on-board power provided by charging plates. Another difference in the systems is the ability to rotate the on the yaw axis while moving along non-flat track. Gringotts can only spin while the track is flat because there isn't enough power provided to the motors to spin the vehicle while it's under various other accelerations. This vehicle can turn, bank, go up, and go down on the track and rotate at the same time. That should provide for a very unique experience.

As seen here:

You sure about not spinning on non flat track? Because that’s what it does when going up and around the bend at the end of the ride.

Yuck.

I mean, I'm glad they're apparently not vomiting garish, nonsensical theming all over the building like they did for Mission Breakout, but still... yuck.

Am I the only one that's bummed that they got rid of the entirety of the Universe of Energy? With how meta GOTG is, I wish they had taken a meta approach with the ride and made it as if the Guardians had landed in Epcot and messed with the Ellen's Energy Adventure ride. Pre-show is glitching out, the initial theater has the ship crashed in it, you load onto the train in the dino theater, you see some of the guardians in animatronic form, they launch you out into the coaster building. All we know about the story so-far is that Star Lord went to EPCOT in the 80's right? Universe of Energy would've been there, he would've gone on it. Heck, the amount of meta/GOTG-style humor in that premise alone would right itself. "40 years later and all they added was a talkshow host?!"

Reactions: HPFred and Jwhee
Am I the only one that's bummed that they got rid of the entirety of the Universe of Energy? With how meta GOTG is, I wish they had taken a meta approach with the ride and made it as if the Guardians had landed in Epcot and messed with the Ellen's Energy Adventure ride. Pre-show is glitching out, the initial theater has the ship crashed in it, you load onto the train in the dino theater, you see some of the guardians in animatronic form, they launch you out into the coaster building. All we know about the story so-far is that Star Lord went to EPCOT in the 80's right? Universe of Energy would've been there, he would've gone on it. Heck, the amount of meta/GOTG-style humor in that premise alone would right itself. "40 years later and all they added was a talkshow host?!"
Some folks believe the ride will travel through classic Epcot rides, so we get to see the sea serpent from World of Motion and robot butler from Horizons. I guess that would be meta, but maybe too meta for general guests.