Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

FWIW, I’ve still yet to notice the Soarin’ building when I’m in the park. The Guardians building is remarkable in size, but I think it’ll be more noticeable from outside the park, then inside
Honestly, same. People love to point it out in pictures, which is easy to do, but when i'm in the park I truly don't notice the building. This building is however much larger and will be able to be seen from virtually all across World Showcase.

FWIW, I’ve still yet to notice the Soarin’ building when I’m in the park. The Guardians building is remarkable in size, but I think it’ll be more noticeable from outside the park, then inside
Yes, very easy to spot when parking and especially if you’re on the left side walking right towards it, but inside the park I’m usually not facing it and when I am I’m distracted by the buildings up close too much to notice it. It’s there, and it’s huge, but I like to immerse myself in the countries when walking around World Showcase. And it’s barely noticable in Future World due to your view blocked by other buildings.

It’s crazy huge, but I appreciate how far off to the side it is, so looks outside of the park even when you do notice it.

The new building feels very Epcotish to me. I think it helps that it’s behind the wonders of life building. If almosts feels disconnected from the park. I really think hardly anybody(casual theme park guests) will even realize that’s the Guardians show building.

I know Disney takes much longer than Universal to build new attractions, but doesn't it seem like they may be ahead of schedule on this one? Universe of Energy is totally gutted, they are enclosing the coaster building and the coaster parts are already onsite. Call me crazy but maybe this will open ahead of schedule?

I know Disney takes much longer than Universal to build new attractions, but doesn't it seem like they may be ahead of schedule on this one? Universe of Energy is totally gutted, they are enclosing the coaster building and the coaster parts are already onsite. Call me crazy but maybe this will open ahead of schedule?

Coasters don't take very long to build. It's the "extra" stuff that slows things down. I doubt we will have any rock work on this ride, so that's a good thing.

I mean yeah. That was never in debate. :lol:

Oh, I think it's very debatable! A coaster-in-the-dark lacking significant show scenes and animatronics in a park that is the totally inappropriate thematic home for it? Sight-unseen, I'm not ready to commit to it being better, either subjectively or objectively.

Oh, I think it's very debatable! A coaster-in-the-dark lacking significant show scenes and animatronics in a park that is the totally inappropriate thematic home for it? Sight-unseen, I'm not ready to commit to it being better, either subjectively or objectively.

It’ll be more fun. Will it fit? Nah.