Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

It just feels like, "This is how you want to make your big Marvel splash in Orlando? This? A RNRC riff?!"

Given its placement in a park in which it doesn't belong and the 3.5 year construction timeline, Disney should be throwing everything they've got at this project to WOW us and compensate for the insulting thematic break and protracted schedule. But it certainly doesn't seem like they're trying to do that.

Yeah.

Sort of makes you wonder why they didn't just retheme RNRC if they were just going to create something like this.

Probably because EPCOT is the odd man out when it comes to big-ticket IPs. I see the reasoning behind it on Dis's part, even if I don't agree with it.
It just feels like, "This is how you want to make your big Marvel splash in Orlando? This? A RNRC riff?!"

I mean, look at the prior Marvel output which consists of a lackluster TOT retheme and a Star Tours retheme. It's like WDI's heart isn't in the Marvel projects

Marvel events this summer at Disneyland/DCA received less than lukewarm attendance/participation.
They would've received better attendance if there were actually any events that made it worth it to come to the park. They didn't do anything like ElecTRONica or Mad T Party, it was just random M&Gs.

It would be cool to be a fly on the wall to see what Disney's internal survey results are concerning potential theme park Marvel attractions/events, or things like Marvel merchandise sales. Perhaps they're detecting that interest peaked and it's now on a downward trend. Of course, this is just a pure guess....Movie interest might just be a different animal.

It would be cool to be a fly on the wall to see what Disney's internal survey results are concerning potential theme park Marvel attractions/events, or things like Marvel merchandise sales. Perhaps they're detecting that interest peaked and it's now on a downward trend. Of course, this is just a pure guess....Movie interest might just be a different animal.

To me that doesn't make sense when they're building in-depth/extensive rides for TRON and Ratatouille

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does that mean?

Think RNRC or the coaster portion of the Mummy. Flat, static scenery illuminated by blacklight

Well, at least the preshow will have animatronics.

We hope. I'm not putting money down on it, though.

I legit wonder what you guys thought this attraction would be...

I've been expecting the worst, but in terms of a realistic best case scenario: something akin to REVENGE OF THE MUMMY in terms of a balance between dark ride scenes and coaster segments, coupled with some nods to Epcot's history. It doesn't sound like we're going to get something on that order, however.

The non-realistic best case scenario would be using the Guardians in an edutainment context to inspire the guest about some topic (not necessarily energy) through a dark ride approach. No way we're getting that.

You sure?

The concept art looks like a preshow with some characters:

guar2340498.jpg

A talking Rocket figure would be nice. Already have one in CA, and from the looks of our concept art, this one doesn't even have to walk around, just stand still. That's literally all I'm hoping for.

The concept art looks like a preshow with some characters:

View attachment 5305

A talking Rocket figure would be nice. Already have one in CA, and from the looks of our concept art, this one doesn't even have to walk around, just stand still. That's literally all I'm hoping for.

In an ideal scenario, everything other than the starfield background and the windows of the Milano would be there for real. I think, however, it would be very easy for Disney to give into the temptation to make everything beyond the railing a screen.

In an ideal scenario, everything other than the starfield background and the windows of the Milano would be there for real. I think, however, it would be very easy for Disney to give into the temptation to make everything beyond the railing a screen.
I definitely think Star-Lord and Gamora are screen effects (or musion) inside the cockpit. But I'm holding out hope that Rocket and Groot are physical. It would be the easier ones to create as figures, and the AA Rocket has been a big hit at Mission: Breakout.