Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I definitely think Star-Lord and Gamora are screen effects (or musion) inside the cockpit. But I'm holding out hope that Rocket and Groot are physical. It would be the easier ones to create as figures, and the AA Rocket has been a big hit at Mission: Breakout.
I would be surprised if Rocket didn't get an AA in the queue considering they've already made one for him and it has seen an extremely positive response.

Land clearing continues:

guardians-of-the-galaxy-construction-09142017-1.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-construction-09142017-2.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-construction-09142017-4.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-construction-09142017-3.jpg

PHOTOS: Land Clearing Actively Underway at Guardians of the Galaxy Construction Site - Blog Mickey

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
If they're doing this sort of work already, and the ride's not opening for 3+ years, it better be something really special to justify that length of time.

Well it supposedly a whole new building out and behind the original Energy building. Energy isn't a little building, so it's pretty huge whatever it is.

Just hoping it's not Test Track and they just sort of sit a ride in the building and then poke some track out the back. Test Track 2.0 really reclaimed a lot of the space for queue, ride scenery, and postshow area that the original overhaul had left unused.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
It would be cool to be a fly on the wall to see what Disney's internal survey results are concerning potential theme park Marvel attractions/events, or things like Marvel merchandise sales. Perhaps they're detecting that interest peaked and it's now on a downward trend. Of course, this is just a pure guess....Movie interest might just be a different animal.
I agree 100%

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm guessing preshows will be in the existing building as well. And if they put two exact duplicate rooms to split guests (like ToT's library) that could be a lot of space right there. Since from the concept art, the preshow room is big enough for the spaceship to be in it.

Plus, ya know. Gotta leave room for a gift shop too.