Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Call me crazy, but this more and more makes me think that GOTG will be a mix of Tron and RnRC for the ride experience...
If they're smart, they'll at least attempt to make it something like Mummy or Gringotts. Even if it's an obvious take-off, it's probably one of the best ways (aside from the Spider-Man system) to even DO a GotG ride.

Just to put it into perspective, @Marni1971 believes Rat will be the better ride between the 2.

tenor.gif

Just saw an article that said the new show building being added is 10 stories tall.

If that's not a mistake - holy crap.
Yea I saw that on wdwnt as well. What is Spaceship Earth, 17 stories? How about Rockin Roller Coaster?

Hopefully it will be far removed enough from SSE to not annoy me when I'm parking at the park and looking forward. Not sure go-away blue can make something this big go away.

Maybe they'll bring in some giant eucalyptus trees to help hide this monster.

What is Spaceship Earth, 17 stories? How about Rockin Roller Coaster?

You're right on the money for SE; It's 180 feet.

RnRC itself is 86 feet tall, so I'd guess the show building is roughly 7-10 feet taller than that? There are plenty of old photos of RnRC under construction where you can see the track goes right up to the top of the building. So 10 stories is a smidge taller.

It will clearly be visible from the parking lot. But it won't really look like it's in the park. More like a large backstage building. The plan I saw had a tunnel from the existing building to the new large building. From the pic, I couldn't determine whether we will be walking through that tunnel á la Space Mtn., or riding through the tunnel á la RnR. But the tunnel did have a slight dog leg.

Inside the park, you shouldn't be able to see it unless you're really trying. And particularly anywhere near the front of the attraction. Maybe if you back up against the back of Mouse Gear.

That's probably because that's exactly what it's going to be.

Hmm, suddenly I wish Guardians didn't come at all and that Tron just came to Epcot instead.

It will clearly be visible from the parking lot. But it won't really look like it's in the park. More like a large backstage building. The plan I saw had a tunnel from the existing building to the new large building. From the pic, I couldn't determine whether we will be walking through that tunnel á la Space Mtn., or riding through the tunnel á la RnR. But the tunnel did have a slight dog leg.

If I am not mistaken, WDWNT mentioned in their article that the ride would launch guests out from the UOE building to the ten story complex.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Hmm, suddenly I wish Guardians didn't come at all and that Tron just came to Epcot instead.
It's gonna be more RNRC than Tron. Probably the best similarity it will have with Tron that RNRC doesn't have is a great queue.

It's really a missed opportunity (and lazy decision making) not to do something on the level of Revenge of the Mummy here.

Reactions: Joel and Ashhanbre
It's gonna be more RNRC than Tron. Probably the best similarity it will have with Tron that RNRC doesn't have is a great queue.

It's really a missed opportunity (and lazy decision making) not to do something on the level of Revenge of the Mummy here.

I thought someone mentioned it was Mack in the past. And since the Mack Launched Spinning Coaster is already happening; what if the ride system is a forward and backward ride car at the same time, with added inversions?

EDIT: Maybe it's a dumb idea, and that logistically; this may not work, but what if they did the ride cars to where they were enclosed while you are on? And that in theory, this would allow them to craft different experiences with the Guardians, and to allow them to easily update the ride itself with ease whenever a new set of Guardians comes along.

I thought someone mentioned it was Mack in the past. And since the Mack Launched Spinning Coaster is already happening; what if the ride system is a forward and backward ride car at the same time, with added inversions?
I've no idea who is doing the coaster nor have I heard anyone mention it yet. Of course that doesn't mean I haven't missed it. When Disney has done launch coasters is when they have strayed from Vekoma for coasters so it's possible. That said, those coasters are the only instance of Disney going away from Vekoma stateside in the last 20+ years - California Screamin (Intamin) and Slinky Dog Dash (Mack) are what i'm referring to.

Tron and RNRC are Vekoma though, so i'd bet on them using them for GotG. Just a guess though.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush