Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

This is what I’m most worried about... how good it’ll be. I just haven’t gotten much of a feeling that it’ll be much more than a RNRC or Tron which are both super short and lack any on-ride show scenes.

I mean, I'm mostly fine with no on-ride show scenes as long as the coaster is good. RNRC is short and lame outside of the launch sequence, and TRON kind of looks similar. Hagrid doesn't have all that many traditional show scenes either, but the coaster is straight up, non stop fun which is why it's my favorite ride. Vekoma has the ability to build something similar, and that's what I'm hoping for.

That's pretty hyperbolic.

No, it's my opinion. Epcot's rides are uniformly bad. The only thing that was above average was Soarin', and they ruined that too.

That's pretty hyperbolic.
Every time I go to Epcot with friends, we ride Soarin’, Test Track and maybe a few other things and then they’re ready to go to DHS. I’m perfectly willing to stay and do some smaller stuff, but that’s how younger guests (<25) views this park.

incredulous.gif

Id be floored with the spinning ride vechiles and that gigantic show building that there has to be at least 1 or 2 show scenes during the ride. Between Gringotts and Hagrid's they'd be silly to not have some sort of "Story coaster" aspect to this.

Martin, I believe, has said that the only potential moment of any interest to him comes right before the launch. I would expect that means a proper show scene, and would also imply the rest of the ride is devoid of them (depending on how you define a "proper show scene").

I’m expecting a lot of projection mapping on this ride.
Which isn’t a bad thing for a coaster. I thoroughly enjoyed Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland this past trip and this ride is being built from the ground up rather than having the projections put in after the fact. I’m expecting HSM but even better. I think that’s a good expectation to set. There’s not going to be nothing to look at otherwise the spinning cars would be a pointless waste of money.

How is this over 2 years away?! Thats insane

The special flat black paint they will use millions of gallons of painting the ride area with is made with squid ink and black rhino blood. It is both expensive and difficult to make.

Thus explaining both this and Tron’s cost and time for exciting roller coasters in a box with minimal theming.

Every time I go to Epcot with friends, we ride Soarin’, Test Track and maybe a few other things and then they’re ready to go to DHS. I’m perfectly willing to stay and do some smaller stuff, but that’s how younger guests (<25) views this park.
Yeah, Epcot is a good midday park to go to when you've used up Fastpasses at your first park. Normally I try to fit in Mission Space and one of Test Track/Frozen while I get lunch (occasionally SSE, Soarin, or one other ride too). GOTG, Poppins, and Ratatouille will hopefully make it a park I go to first rather than the park I go to when I can't get good FPs at one of the other thee.

Im excited for this ride, although skeptical, but I really go to Epcot for the restaurants and ambiance honestly. Rides are a bonus there Imo but I get thats not what everyone looks for.

Im excited for this ride, although skeptical, but I really go to Epcot for the restaurants and ambiance honestly. Rides are a bonus there Imo but I get thats not what everyone looks for.
Agreed, but I'd hate to see what Epcot looks like in 5 years just continuing to rely on food options, Test Track, and Soarin. I think the time is right to update....Actually, the time has been right for years haha

Agreed, but I'd hate to see what Epcot looks like in 5 years just continuing to rely on food options, Test Track, and Soarin. I think the time is right to update....Actually, the time has been right for years haha
Ya I don’t disagree honestly. I think Remy, Poppins, Guardians all sound like perfect additions to me that should balance the park a bit more. I’m pretty excited for the future of the park actually, as long as their dining stays A+