Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

How could they get it so wrong? I’m assuming that the UoE building must have been surveyed at some point before construction started.

Maybe they found structural or electrical problems that couldn't be detected until the old ride was gone. I was also thinking that they might have found that it didn't hold up to the stress of having a coaster load/unload in it, although that really doesn't make sense as those stations are not tied into the structure. Last theory is that they kept wanting to add more and more (kind of like the USAF designs a plane) and it went way over budget.

Note: I'm not mocking our armed forces. I am simply pointing out that the weapons design group goes overboard sometimes (ex. F-22).

Also, in the very very very beginning it wasn’t a Guardians coaster. It was non-IP and would have been cheaper. Then Bob C showed up. Then they opened the building.

In their only defense, something started getting tagged onto new Disney projects in the last five years that caused the thrown-around price tags to jump substantially.

In their only defense, something started getting tagged onto new Disney projects in the last five years that caused the thrown-around price tags to jump substantially.
That is also true. It's possible maybe they are lumping the Play Pavilion costs into this project, I suppose. For reference, the Grand Avenue costs got added onto the SWGE budget and the TSMM third track and a few other things were built into the TSL budget.

Sounds like a Chapek/New Epcot thing to do, add an IP onto it! This ride has alway seemed like a more true Coaster Gringotts to me as in lots of screen action but not in a bad way. Im excited to see what it ends up being like

Gunn also said, way back when it was announced, that the attraction would fully honor Epcot's thematic ideals, and would earn its place there.

I hope he's not just blowing smoke.

I doubt they’re cycling trains, but the track has been done for quite done time. It’s the scene they’ve still got to do I believe. The queue is nowhere close to done.
I was wondering what he was going off of to form his comment

Obviously he wouldn't say it's trash...Was just curious