Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I think Epcot was at it's peak in 1989. Wonders of Life and Norway had just opened and all original rides were still there. Only a few short years later (1994), Horizons went seasonal and basically never returned. World of Motion got replaced by Test Track. Original UoE was replaced with the Ellen version. etc, etc.

Personally, I think Epcot was at it's peak in 1989. Wonders of Life and Norway had just opened and all original rides were still there. Only a few short years later (1994), Horizons went seasonal and basically never returned. World of Motion got replaced by Test Track. Original UoE was replaced with the Ellen version. etc, etc.
I consider Ellen and Test Track positives...as well as IllumiNations

Horizons is a mythical ride I hear about but never actually got to ride

I feel after 2000 that Epcot haulted all real progress...I mean, imagine if Disney would have actually kept up with it instead of letting it go till 2019

Reactions: belloq87

I went for the first time in 1990, I think. All those wonderful dark rides that lasted ten minutes or more. It was so enjoyable, even for a coaster junkie like myself. I think Guardians will be a good ride but who knows how long before I will ride it as I can see it being completely booked for a few years.

I think Epcot, maybe more than any Disney park, has such a strong nostalgia pull-myself included. Why is that? Maybe because it was the days of our youth? (Just guessing the ages of posters here-I’m 36). We have such strong opinions of wanting Epcot to go back to how it was when we were 8 because of the memories of have of our families experiencing the park together.

Heck, I went through this as well. A part of me died when Horizons went away...then another when World of Motion went away...and I felt the knife twist when Jeremy Irons was replaced as the narrator of SE.

But where those rides really that great? Maybe my memories of the rides are greater than the rides themselves and I’m instead remembering the great times I had with my family riding them.

Would those rides hold up to today’s park guests’ demands? I don’t think so. Today the GP doesn’t want edutainment. They want to see their favorite characters in rides, shows, and meet n greets.

So I’ve come to accept Epcot’s new thesis. It’s no longer about teaching people about our world on the actual rides. Now, it’s simply about inspiring them about the possibilities of our world. And instead of learning about Mt. Kilimanjaro on Soarin maybe that kid gets home, remembers seeing Kilimanjaro at Disney and decides to look it up online. And maybe that’s ok.

Anyways, I’m super stoked about this ride. Give me all the Rocket you can throw at me please!

Reactions: awhen
I think Epcot, maybe more than any Disney park, has such a strong nostalgia pull-myself included. Why is that? Maybe because it was the days of our youth? (Just guessing the ages of posters here-I’m 36). We have such strong opinions of wanting Epcot to go back to how it was when we were 8 because of the memories of have of our families experiencing the park together.

Heck, I went through this as well. A part of me died when Horizons went away...then another when World of Motion went away...and I felt the knife twist when Jeremy Irons was replaced as the narrator of SE.

But where those rides really that great? Maybe my memories of the rides are greater than the rides themselves and I’m instead remembering the great times I had with my family riding them.

Would those rides hold up to today’s park guests’ demands? I don’t think so. Today the GP doesn’t want edutainment. They want to see their favorite characters in rides, shows, and meet n greets.

So I’ve come to accept Epcot’s new thesis. It’s no longer about teaching people about our world on the actual rides. Now, it’s simply about inspiring them about the possibilities of our world. And instead of learning about Mt. Kilimanjaro on Soarin maybe that kid gets home, remembers seeing Kilimanjaro at Disney and decides to look it up online. And maybe that’s ok.

Anyways, I’m super stoked about this ride. Give me all the Rocket you can throw at me please!
Epcot as you knew it when you were a kid would not survive in the current theme park climate

Reactions: Mad Dog
In tacit confirmation that this ride won't be opening in 2021, D23 has released a list of the attractions the company plans to open this year, and Cosmic Rewind isn't on the list.

Reactions: shiekra38

So, I think Horizons and Journey into Imagination would have remained great rides with implementation of technology to plus them from time to time (the videos in Horizons, adding projection mapping to Imagination, etc).

Test Track was an improvement as was adding Soarin'.

I won't weep for the loss of The Universe of Energy, to be honest, and when it comes to the Wonders of Life pavilion, I only ever loved Cranium Command (probably because my parents love it).

At this point, I am fine with most of the changes coming because 2/3rds of the rides I would have called untouchable are already unrecognizable due to remodeling or gone (please keep hanging on Spaceship Earth!).

I think a mix of infotainment and inspiration would be better, but I am sure the GP disagrees.

Anyways, I am excited for Guardians. As much as I like the Disneyland version, this looks like a ton of fun and they aren't just retheming an already built attraction.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm currently waiting for the tweet to load. Can't be that bad.

Edit: Oh.....the entrance looks, interesting.

I mean, I guess I don't understand why the hate on something that looks pretty similar to the concept art and isn't even close to finished. The only difference is it looks like they decided to change where the entrance to the ride is as the middle entrance got removed.
guardians-galaxy-attraction-facade-concept-2048x978.jpg