Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

That’s not a middle entrance in the artwork, it’s an archway in front of the building with, presumably, fast pass/standby/single rider signage.

That’s not a middle entrance in the artwork, it’s an archway in front of the building with, presumably, fast pass/standby/single rider signage.
Ah, I actually see that now. Looks like the two openings are for standby on the right and FP on the left.

I mean, I guess I don't understand why the hate on something that looks pretty similar to the concept art and isn't even close to finished. The only difference is it looks like they decided to change where the entrance to the ride is as the middle entrance got removed.
guardians-galaxy-attraction-facade-concept-2048x978.jpg

I'm used to UOE still and just was more shocked. Plus I thought the front of the building would remain closer to the old design. Just surprised.

Not surprising, but confirmation that nothing's been filmed for the attraction yet:

Also, other outfits are again reporting that there will be no animatronics included in this ride (and more specifically, that some were planned and subsequently cut from the budget).

Not surprising, but confirmation that nothing's been filmed for the attraction yet:

Also, other outfits are again reporting that there will be no animatronics included in this ride (and more specifically, that some were planned and subsequently cut from the budget).
Well, GotG3 hasn't started filming yet. James Gunn says filming starts later this year.

What a waste. Man...Disney could do so much here...and yet they cut corners like always. Why is Tokyo the only place where Imagineering can actually do their job? They act like anything done in WDW has to be budget-cut. WDW makes SOOOO much more money than the other resorts.

What a waste. Man...Disney could do so much here...and yet they cut corners like always. Why is Tokyo the only place where Imagineering can actually do their job? They act like anything done in WDW has to be budget-cut. WDW makes SOOOO much more money than the other resorts.

I still think that it's a matter of efficiency and waste. Imagineering either over-promises/under-delivers or the charges that they build into every project are just too ridiculous. They run late on every project and then over budget. It's as if they need to hire good project managers who have the authority to reign in the engineers and they also need to start considering what good actually looks like. Without having any more knowledge about Guardians as I do (which is limited), I don't know if this is a good way to spend $300M+. Hagrids was expensive but it is such a great coaster. Velocicoaster will be expensive due to the rockwork and theming but it looks to check off the thrill factors and immersiveness. Looking at Guardians, one would hope that there are plenty of themed elements to experience in the queue and ride both. TRON is just a coaster in a box with some lighting effects that do not seem to justify the cost. I'm not trying to start an argument about who is better (UNI vs DIS) but just comparing projects that may or may not be good comparisons.

I'll readily admit that I'm not an engineer and don't work for Disney. However, they don't seem to have made progress as opposed to when the Haunted Mansion and Pirates were built. They just found ways to make it a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
Why is Tokyo the only place where Imagineering can actually do their job? They act like anything done in WDW has to be budget-cut.
The budget for this is well north of 300 million. If WDI can’t figure out how to build a coaster with a few animatronics in it for that much money, I think that says more about them than penny pinching.

More often than not, “budget cuts” are actually the result of WDI not being able to hit an agreed upon number, not having an agreed upon number reduced.

Edit: what SkiBum said

I still think that it's a matter of efficiency and waste. Imagineering either over-promises/under-delivers or the charges that they build into every project are just too ridiculous. They run late on every project and then over budget. It's as if they need to hire good project managers who have the authority to reign in the engineers and they also need to start considering what good actually looks like. Without having any more knowledge about Guardians as I do (which is limited), I don't know if this is a good way to spend $300M+. Hagrids was expensive but it is such a great coaster. Velocicoaster will be expensive due to the rockwork and theming but it looks to check off the thrill factors and immersiveness. Looking at Guardians, one would hope that there are plenty of themed elements to experience in the queue and ride both. TRON is just a coaster in a box with some lighting effects that do not seem to justify the cost. I'm not trying to start an argument about who is better (UNI vs DIS) but just comparing projects that may or may not be good comparisons.

I'll readily admit that I'm not an engineer and don't work for Disney. However, they don't seem to have made progress as opposed to when the Haunted Mansion and Pirates were built. They just found ways to make it a lot more expensive.
Remember that rockwork moved from Hagrid's to the Velocecoaster and it was a smart move imho.

Don't they kind of need to have the actors in the attraction in some capacity?