Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
None of the photos showed it clearly but I never saw footers being dug/poured. Is it already done?

Pretty sure not.

What the article about was mostly the track and how it is currently being shipped from the Netherlands to Tampa for WDI to pick up and bring back to WDW. This means it's probably several months until track starts to go in as the track will need to be brought to a lay down yard and before it can even go in, they need to install supports, etc. By this time, the building will probably be fully enclosed and we won't be able to see any of it.

Correct me if I’m wrong but in this video it appears that the footers are already done

I took this from Snapchat...

Pretty sure not.

What the article about was mostly the track and how it is currently being shipped from the Netherlands to Tampa for WDI to pick up and bring back to WDW. This means it's probably several months until track starts to go in as the track will need to be brought to a lay down yard and before it can even go in, they need to install supports, etc. By this time, the building will probably be fully enclosed and we won't be able to see any of it.

Which is a shame. Seeing it go up is both good for building excitement in enthusiasts and good for people a bit scared to be able to look up what they're getting into. I don't think seeing Rock 'n' Roller Coaster being constructed spoilt any enjoyment of the ride.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
I think there is a scene before the launch, no? The one "real" dark ride scene? Or am I misremembering?
I think you are right. I don't know how much of a scene it will actually be. For all we know, it could be as simple as the GotG messing around and then Rocket pressing a "button" and we launch off.

Also, one thing to wonder about is how the firing of James Gunn will impact this ride. The main reason (from what i've heard) that the ride wasn't going to open until 2021 is that they were going to wait until GotGv3 started production to film the ride portions. Now with Gunn's wit out of the picture and a potential pushback in production, it'll be interesting if it has an impact on this project or not.

I think you are right. I don't know how much of a scene it will actually be. For all we know, it could be as simple as the GotG messing around and then Rocket pressing a "button" and we launch off.

Also, one thing to wonder about is how the firing of James Gunn will impact this ride. The main reason (from what i've heard) that the ride wasn't going to open until 2021 is that they were going to wait until GotGv3 started production to film the ride portions. Now with Gunn's wit out of the picture and a potential pushback in production, it'll be interesting if it has an impact on this project or not.
I really wish Disney would just take out the Guardians theme already. Not a single guest asked for it.