Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m saying it now:

This is my favourite Disney ride.

Honestly, I'm not gonna' knock someone if this is their favorite. Yes, for me WDW's ToT is still one of the GOAT's. But that's WDW's tower. DCA's ToT was always knocked as a lesser tower for a variety of reasons.

But with Mission Breakout, the ride feels far more catered to the format of DCA's tower, turning what was weaknesses into strengths. Case in point, the shorter/faster pace never gelled with the suspense of ToT, but for the quicker action beats of GotG, it works perfectly!

On top of that, the ride is just plain fun. An that type of ride will always stick out in the best way for most anyone. When I first went on it last July, I had a feeling I'd like it...but it surpassed my expectations in every way and I went on it 16 times during my trip! Not many rides get me to do that, so I can see how someone would really enjoy it.

Honestly, I'm not gonna' knock someone if this is their favorite. Yes, for me WDW's ToT is still one of the GOAT's. But that's WDW's tower. DCA's ToT was always knocked as a lesser tower for a variety of reasons.

But with Mission Breakout, the ride feels far more catered to the format of DCA's tower, turning what was weaknesses into strengths. Case in point, the shorter/faster pace never gelled with the suspense of ToT, but for the quicker action beats of GotG, it works perfectly!

On top of that, the ride is just plain fun. An that type of ride will always stick out in the best way for most anyone. When I first went on it last July, I had a feeling I'd like it...but it surpassed my expectations in every way and I went on it 16 times during my trip! Not many rides get me to do that, so I can see how someone would really enjoy it.
Agreed. DL's Tower never quite worked. First the whole immersion is lost when, after the elevator doors open, you actually walk through the exit hallway through another set of doors to the elevator. And then starting off moving backwards into the shaft breaks it further. At WDW the illusion of it being an actual elevator in a old shaft is pretty complete.

To me, that sums up perfectly. I can’t think of a single ride that has that kind of fun atmosphere.

It’s a really good ride, man.

I rode it in June. It was fun. Felt like they ham fisted the concept into ToT. For example, the forced perceptive show scenes were made so you are looking down a hall way, not a huge chamber (?, IDK anything about GotG other than what I saw/heard in this ride). Didn’t look right to me in person seeing this version of that effect.

Also, best Disney ride? Psssh. Not even the best ride at DLR when Indy’s right across the way.

I rode it in June. It was fun. Felt like they ham fisted the concept into ToT. For example, the forced perceptive show scenes were made so you are looking down a hall way, not a huge chamber (?, IDK anything about GotG other than what I saw/heard in this ride). Didn’t look right to me in person seeing this version of that effect.

Also, best Disney ride? Psssh. Not even the best ride at DLR when Indy’s right across the way.
I wouldn’t say best Disney ride personally, but won’t fault anyone who thinks so. GotG is far and away better than their version of ToT that they had. What a train wreck that was.

I wouldn’t say best Disney ride personally, but won’t fault anyone who thinks so. GotG is far and away better than their version of ToT that they had. What a train wreck that was.

I agree that DCA’s ToT wasn’t the best. It did however fit into the scenery much better and had a better atmosphere than GOTG. I know Marvel’s going to change that, but for now GOTG sticks out like a sore thumb.

It’s more or less a wash. They traded a fun but flawed version of ToT for a fun but flawed lay over with GOTG. IMO no way Disney’s best.

Also, I’d like to say I was having fun and being cheeky with my original comment. Everyone’s opinion is subjective and I’m glad @Scott W. enjoys the ride.