Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

The lighting display for the exterior is really cool. I don't know why they don't normally do this in the evenings.

That was originally the plan. The lighting they're using for the Monsters After Dark is the exact same lighting/laser projection programming that was meant to be year round (and also featured it in the grand opening). I believe budget cuts happened.

Question: how much of this ride being "better" is due to the drop profile versus the exterior design, interior design, and GotG characters?

I could see people raving the same or more if ToT drop profile was updated.

I don't think this drop profile would work with ToT. ToT builds up the suspense and then has the drop whereas this version is virtually non stop. Again, this is also the reason why this version can't work at WDW.

I'm surprised they managed to make the switch the halloween version so quickly but this looks like an awesome seasonal addition.

That's accurate. The only ones who don't like it were TOT fan boys and girls. The GP loves it.
Yep, it's just plain fun. And the building actually looks pretty good in person... only Disney snobs are the ones who continue to say it looks bad. Out of place maybe, but once the Marvel Land gets built, it'll fit in perfect.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! - Joe Rohde (2017):

Joe Rohde (Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering) explains the story behind the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! Monsters After Dark at Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim, California.

Last edited:
Frivolous question: they have a “dance off” mini show in front of the ride all of the time. They always play (rereorded) songs from the movies and the cartoon show. When the show ends and the characters head out, they play a song that for sure wasn’t in the movies or the show. Anyone know what that song is? It sounded like ELO.

Just as a little note, even though we didn't get it, the Yondu scene actually has been filmed; and was filmed when they were doing re-shoots for Ragnarok apparently.

They exist somewhere, but as of now; nothing is of note about it.

Frivolous question: they have a “dance off” mini show in front of the ride all of the time. They always play (rereorded) songs from the movies and the cartoon show. When the show ends and the characters head out, they play a song that for sure wasn’t in the movies or the show. Anyone know what that song is? It sounded like ELO.
It’s called “All Over The World” by ELO

Yondu scene? Care to elaborate what it would’ve been?

Thank you

I remember we originally discussed a rumor, either that or it was discussing a rumor from MiceChat, that Guardians After Dark would've had a Yondu scene added into the attraction, and that it was talked like it was happening; until it didn't.

EDIT: We did talk about it, via by @HereWeGo

Just a heads up, I've heard they are filming new scenes to add to the drop sequences for Halloween Time (and to some what promote the new Thor film). I think maybe this has been brought up before but I know someone that worked as crew for one of the sequences involving Yondu.