Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let's see, Engame gets another great trailer released and we get -this- news? Tis a great week for the MCU!

An this also has a bonus of possibly getting a good Suicide Squad film, so this is wonderful news all around.

For me, I am happy to see this happening. I am also extremely happy, of Gunn being able to handle not only this, but Suicide Squad.

I am glad to see him back, and I can't wait to see what he concocts with the final film in the original cast.

Reactions: HereWeGo and Clive
Doing SUICIDE SQUAD 2 first means we probably won't be seeing VOL. 3 until 2022 at the very earliest. More likely 2023. Still, glad that he's back.

Doing SUICIDE SQUAD 2 first means we probably won't be seeing VOL. 3 until 2022 at the very earliest. More likely 2023. Still, glad that he's back.

My guess, is that he's gonna do double-duty, and do production on GoTG3 as soon as he can while also doing post-production/final touches on Suicide Squad.

Early 2022 would be the best guess IMO. Especially as Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther are already in development, with The Eternals and Black Widow beginning production relatively in the next few months.

EDIT:

Last edited:
James Gunn confirmed on twitter that filming for this movie will commence "this year", likely late in the year i'd assume.

He also added:

Last edited:
Hell of a choice--especially on a long term angle. Curious to see how Will will handle the character; as I could easily see something much more dynamic due to Adam's creation.

This movie will mark the final time seeing this group of Guardians together. Since 2017 when Vol. 2 came out, James Gunn has always been firm that Vol. 3 was always going to be it for him with this team. He may direct other MCU project, but he's done with Guardians.

Although do notice that the phrasing is that this group is done. That leaves open the possibility that some could go their own way, maybe there will actually be some main character deaths, or it leaves the door open for an entirely new Guardians team.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
This movie will mark the final time seeing this group of Guardians together. Since 2017 when Vol. 2 came out, James Gunn has always been firm that Vol. 3 was always going to be it for him with this team. He may direct other MCU project, but he's done with Guardians.

Although do notice that the phrasing is that this group is done. That leaves open the possibility that some could go their own way, maybe there will actually be some main character deaths, or it leaves the door open for an entirely new Guardians team.

Bravo! I love when a franchise (or sub-franchise, at least) knows when to end (of course, solo movies are a possibility).