Guest Services | Inside Universal Forums

Guest Services

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 29, 2013
Where are guest services located in each park? I realize they are probably near the front gate. But exactly where?

it's not a booth but a lady from guest services with a desk and computer underneath a portico where there's universal vacation experts
Yes, a guest services employee is located at the vacation kiosks by MIB and around the corner from Spiderman in Islands... and by "universal vacation experts" you mean, Westgate timeshare salesmen (outside vendors not selling Universal products).

Yes, a guest services employee is located at the vacation kiosks by MIB and around the corner from Spiderman in Islands... and by "universal vacation experts" you mean, Westgate timeshare salesmen (outside vendors not selling Universal products).

All I wanted was a park map by the exit of MSHI and they wouldn't just leave it alone! I am too friendly to just mug them off

Reactions: anihilnation
Westgate is a quality product, but MAN, do I dislike the CEO. To figure out what I'm talking about, find the documentary call The Queen of Versailles.

Westgate is a quality product, but MAN, do I dislike the CEO. To figure out what I'm talking about, find the documentary call The Queen of Versailles.

Personally I don't think it is that much of a quality product compared to Marriott. Marriott vacation club is way better in product, trade-ability, and resale. I have both and hate our Westgate one. We would love to just dump it, but there is no resale market for them. Where Marriott we could resale it and make a profit on it. Of course we have a high demand property that is sold out on the Marriott side. So that may make a difference for us. We don't want to sell our Marriott one though.

Personally I don't think it is that much of a quality product compared to Marriott. Marriott vacation club is way better in product, trade-ability, and resale. I have both and hate our Westgate one. We would love to just dump it, but there is no resale market for them. Where Marriott we could resale it and make a profit on it. Of course we have a high demand property that is sold out on the Marriott side. So that may make a difference for us. We don't want to sell our Marriott one though.
MVC is one of if not the best timeshare companies.
I'm a big Marriott fan.

MVC is one of if not the best timeshare companies.
I'm a big Marriott fan.

We are too. We really like the look and feel of all their resorts and the majority of their hotels. Their activities departments are really good too. We always enjoy our stays. We actually own two, one in West Palm Beach (Singer Island) and the other in Myrtle Beach. We have gotten our value from it for sure and considering it will get passed down to our kids, I see it as a win. But time shares are not for everyone and I would never buy another non-marriott one. I was young and dumb when we purchased the Westgate one.

We are too. We really like the look and feel of all their resorts and the majority of their hotels. Their activities departments are really good too. We always enjoy our stays. We actually own two, one in West Palm Beach (Singer Island) and the other in Myrtle Beach. We have gotten our value from it for sure and considering it will get passed down to our kids, I see it as a win. But time shares are not for everyone and I would never buy another non-marriott one. I was young and dumb when we purchased the Westgate one.
Believe it or not, Westgate is far superior to most timeshares. Not even close to Marriott, but way better than most.

Believe it or not, Westgate is far superior to most timeshares. Not even close to Marriott, but way better than most.

You may be right as I have no experience with other ones. I know some of the places I have traded into can suck big time, which I really check things out now a lot better before trading. And your right that Marriott could just be the top and so it is hard to really compare the two. For me Westgate sucks, because the trading power is not as great and since I bought it before moving down here, it is in Orlando and well I pretty much just trade it out. I realized I could use my "owner" benefits and take my kids out there to swim and then I realized after looking at their map that there is nothing interesting about it to really even visit. We may try once. I guess once you do Marriott, you can never go back because all other places look like crap lol

You may be right as I have no experience with other ones. I know some of the places I have traded into can suck big time, which I really check things out now a lot better before trading. And your right that Marriott could just be the top and so it is hard to really compare the two. For me Westgate sucks, because the trading power is not as great and since I bought it before moving down here, it is in Orlando and well I pretty much just trade it out. I realized I could use my "owner" benefits and take my kids out there to swim and then I realized after looking at their map that there is nothing interesting about it to really even visit. We may try once. I guess once you do Marriott, you can never go back because all other places look like crap lol
Westgates resorts in Gatlinburg, TN and Park City, UT are great resorts. This is the Park City resort.

WestgateParkCity2.jpg

Westgates resorts in Gatlinburg, TN and Park City, UT are great resorts. This is the Park City resort.

Yes, they have some good resorts. My beef with them is that they are not consistent. They are hit or miss. Where a Marriott is always a gold resort thru II. So the resort we bought into is Gold. But other ones are not. So we get an advantage trading within your own company and that advantage doesn't mean as much with Westgate since not all their properties have the same standard. MVC all have refresh plans in place. Every 5 years is soft refresh, 10 is something else, etc. So they change out their carpets, bedding, curtains every 5 years. I think 10 is soft furniture like couches, 15 is hard furniture, I think 20 might be cabinets and stuff. So you know what you are getting when you trade within Marriott. Westgate is a crap shoot. However, I do see what you mean in that Marriott is one of the only ones to do what they do. So I can't say Westgate is crap just because I am comparing it to the best.

Time to make a Time Share thread? @BriMan
Either way... :topic: The purpose of the threads is to make it easier to find what your looking for on the site. When threads go off topic someone new may decide the forums aren't 'professional' or get confused and decide not to join for an unnecessary reason when they start reading in medias res. Sorry for the mini-rant, but point still holds.

Either way... :topic: The purpose of the threads is to make it easier to find what your looking for on the site. When threads go off topic someone new may decide the forums aren't 'professional' or get confused and decide not to join for an unnecessary reason when they start reading in medias res. Sorry for the mini-rant, but point still holds.

The thread has outlived it's original intent.

Should be locked/deleted tbh

Reactions: martymcflyy85
OK sure, we'll let this thread fall back into oblivion.