Guests Can Only Ride Toy Story Mania Via FastPass+ | Inside Universal Forums

Guests Can Only Ride Toy Story Mania Via FastPass+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

darkridelover

V.I.P. Member
May 5, 2012
Is this true?

"In a strange test, Walt Disney World guests visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios now through Friday will need a FastPass + to ride Toy Story Midway Mania. Walt Disney World is attempting to offer enough FastPass+ throughout the day to fill the attraction to capacity, not allowing any guests to use a standby queue or use the Disability Access Service (DAS) to ride. Disney will not even allow guest relations cast members the ability to offer access to the attraction to appease any disgruntled guests during this period."

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2014/10/breaking-guests-can-only-ride-toy-story-mania-via-fastpass-this-week

Interesting. I am wondering if this is a test run for the expanded track. See how many fast passes they can give out thru the day and how long the FP+ lines get. I can't see this being a permanent thing as this would make customers angry in the long run. But short run it won't be a big deal.

Interesting. I am wondering if this is a test run for the expanded track. See how many fast passes they can give out thru the day and how long the FP+ lines get. I can't see this being a permanent thing as this would make customers angry in the long run. But short run it won't be a big deal.

Yep. Not strange at all if you know the expansion is coming.

If this is short run, that's fine. But they better not take away the option to wait if you aren't staying on site and want to wait.

Are they planning on implementing this reservation only idea for Frozen at Epcot? Or something else?

The expansion of the third track is what we are talking about. The plans we have heard is that the current two tracks will be all FP+ and the third added track with be for standby. I don't think they would ever go with a reservation only system for a single ride in any park long term. I think if they did something like this it would be a lot more rides that would be on this reservation only system. But honestly I really don't think they are going down this type of path right now.

The expansion of the third track is what we are talking about. The plans we have heard is that the current two tracks will be all FP+ and the third added track with be for standby. I don't think they would ever go with a reservation only system for a single ride in any park long term. I think if they did something like this it would be a lot more rides that would be on this reservation only system. But honestly I really don't think they are going down this type of path right now.

Yes, I would definitely hate to be customer service. The very thought that you must buy an up-charge to ride one of the few main attractions in the park, people are going to be fuming even just on that limited basis. It's got to be just testing the logistics before going ahead with the change.

Yes, I would definitely hate to be customer service. The very thought that you must buy an up-charge to ride one of the few main attractions in the park, people are going to be fuming even just on that limited basis. It's got to be just testing the logistics before going ahead with the change.

What do you have to buy? FP+ is free.

I understand this is being a test and as long as they have CMs in front handing out Fast Passes for later today..then its OK...there is also the idea of that there are some families that leave the parks go to hotels and pools and come back again at night.

So to not be able to ride a ride in a park you're currently in until X time, is sort of an inconvenience IMHO.

BOG is different though. BOG is just straight stupid, this is a test for the third track going in. The ride will not be FP+ only permanently.

BOG is a restaurant, it's logical it would be on a reservation system. The rides are different.

BOG is a restaurant, it's logical it would be on a reservation system. The rides are different.
It's logical for BOG sit down Dinner to be on reservation. Lunch has no business being a reservation. A BOG Lunch reservation is akin to going to McDonalds and expecting to just walk in and order, and getting there and them stopping you because you don't have a reservation. So what do you do? You go across the street to Wendy's.

Now obviously Disney gets the money either way, but it's still idiotic. From everything i've seen, the restaurant has been running at only about 50% occupancy during lunch because people who get their "reservations" (really just a card that says to come back later), end up eating elsewhere.

If you are going to a fast food restaurant, it's because you want to eat NOW... not in 3 hours when Disney says their next available time to eat is.