Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To give a somewhat serious guess..Unicorn, thinking they're keeping the Skrewt quiet, as it's the first time that the creature has been seen outside of books.

“Now through April 19, stay tuned to the Universal Orlando blog as we give you a first-ever look at some of the creatures you’ll encounter…including one that’s never been seen in the films.”

Unless this extraordinarily bad phrasing, Friday will be the Skrewt

“Now through April 19, stay tuned to the Universal Orlando blog as we give you a first-ever look at some of the creatures you’ll encounter…including one that’s never been seen in the films.”

Unless this extraordinarily bad phrasing, Friday will be the Skrewt

I posted my post, without knowing, a few seconds after ya posted.

That said, if they didn't say that, my guess would've stayed the same.

From Pottermore.
TriwizardMaze_PM_B4C31M1_SkrewtInTriwizardMaze_Moment.jpg

Has anyone heard anything about fog effects? It’d make the attraction SO much better and more believable (especially during the day). Even just a few machines spread throughout the layout would be better than none.

Omg yes I’m absolutely praying that this whole thing (especially the mossy valley between the separated sections of the abbey) gets absolutely doused in fog. I’d most love to see it at nighttime tho. The front lamp beams shining through the dense forest would look sooo cool with everything else just dark blue and black... iconic.

Omg yes I’m absolutely praying that this whole thing (especially the mossy valley between the separated sections of the abbey) gets absolutely doused in fog. I’d most love to see it at nighttime tho. The front lamp beams shining through the dense forest would look sooo cool with everything else just dark blue and black... iconic.

Seriously, a relatively inexpensive plussing.

I love fog on rides. They always seem to"under-do" it though.

The Skrewt doesn't excite me. It looks like something that you would see on Kong. Not a lot of articulation either. Much more excited for the Centaur and other creatures already mentioned.

Dense fog is a sure-fire way to interfere with block sensors and cause coasters to shut down. Given the number of launches, brakes, and track switches on this ride there won't be many areas of plain track at all that could be given dense fog without it creeping and interfering with the control system.

It’s a monster crab with two scorpion tails. I think it could have a lot of articulation

I should have worded that better....I'm sure Universal will do a great job with the creature.....but the creature itself looks like something you would see in the Kong queue or coming at you on the big screen. It really does not look much like a Potter creature.....and I'm definitely not as excited to see it as I am with the other creatures.

Fog tends to mess with the track zone sensors and cause problems (looking at you E:Everest...) In fact, I'm mildly concerned that being such a dense forest, leaves falling on track sensors might cause challenges for this ride on the regular.

I'm still hoping for a look at the hagrid robot this week.

FWIW I’ve never heard anything about a Hagrid AA.

Has anyone heard anything about fog effects? It’d make the attraction SO much better and more believable (especially during the day). Even just a few machines spread throughout the layout would be better than none.

Dunno about the whole ride but the backwards helix and some of the tunnels around the ruins would be good places for some mist.

There should be water mist sprayers around the entry to the drop track building. I think there were plans for more by the cave somewhere too, maybe to help hide your ascent up the spike as you approach. They would be water mist effects, like the under bridge tunnel on Hulk, and not true fog effects.

Dense fog is a sure-fire way to interfere with block sensors and cause coasters to shut down. Given the number of launches, brakes, and track switches on this ride there won't be many areas of plain track at all that could be given dense fog without it creeping and interfering with the control system.
Fog tends to mess with the track zone sensors and cause problems (looking at you E:Everest...) In fact, I'm mildly concerned that being such a dense forest, leaves falling on track sensors might cause challenges for this ride on the regular.

Yeah Everest’s fog was turned off as a result of it being a series of fine mists. And Hulk also uses a mist. That’s not what I’m talking about, I want HHN/DDFF smelly fog, and there are plenty of strategic places where it can be placed (like the cave entrance, and the mossy ravine I mentioned after the first launch) where the sensors wouldn’t be much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.