Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The capacity math is a little more complicated than that - it requires something to account for the ride time or the dispatch interval.

If we make a conservative estimate of 6 trains on track at a time with one dispatching every 30 seconds, the hourly capacity would be 1680 people per hour. This would imply that most of the ride is relatively fast moving - if more of it is slow and there are more blocks then there could be more trains running at once and a longer ride time.
The only only problem with that estimation is that with only 6 trains total, the total cycle time would have to be 3 minutes long to maintain 30 second dispatches. Take out a minute each for unload & load, and that leaves 1 minute of ride time.

I've been drenched at IoA a few times due to mid day downpores. It's just part of themeparking. They're usually short and even when I was there last year during that ridiculous tropical depression that was dropping multiple tornado warnings throughout the day, we still got to ride every coaster multiple times. I'm glad we're getting a indoor outdoor hybrid, it's really something Disney has cornered the market on thus far. I'm excited to see Unis take on it.

Busch Gardens sucks anyway. More people go to Islands of Adventure and yes it is a big deal.
In what way does BG suck? Because it's not a Disney/ Universal level theme park? It has some world class roller coasters and definitely corners the florida thrill market. Rides shut down in the rain. Oh well stuff happens. You're really nitpicking at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been drenched at IoA a few times due to mid day downpores. It's just part of themeparking. They're usually short and even when I was there last year during that ridiculous tropical depression that was dropping multiple tornado warnings throughout the day, we still got to ride every coaster multiple times. I'm glad we're getting a indoor outdoor hybrid, it's really something Disney has cornered the market on thus far. I'm excited to see Unis take on it.
You can’t fight the storms but you can make a park in such a way that it’s not crippled when one comes by. Notice how not once am I saying this ride is terrible. I’m only saying the park as a whole has a problem that isn’t getting fixed if the Jurassic Park rumors are true. If Zelda comes I hope to god any rides it has are indoors or covered.

In what way does BG suck? Because it's not a Disney/ Universal level theme park? It has some world class roller coasters and definitely corners the florida thrill market. Rides shut down in the rain. Oh well stuff happens. You're really nitpicking at this point.
I’ve gone on one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world and my reaction getting off was a resounding “meh.”
1200px-Kingda_Ka.jpg

El Toro was fun though I don’t have any itch to ever go back.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only only problem with that estimation is that with only 6 trains total, the total cycle time would have to be 3 minutes long to maintain 30 second dispatches. Take out a minute each for unload & load, and that leaves 1 minute of ride time.
I don't think it will require 1 minute for each load and unload, especially given examples like Hulk which manages to unload and load a train over twice the size in just 1 minute. If unload and unload are a minute total, then the ride time is 2 minutes, which is reasonable for a relatively fast-paced launched coaster.

I made my estimate based on an assumption that the majority of the ride will be "coaster-like." I know that various stops and slow scenes have been reported, but until we get clearer descriptions of the mechanics and locations of those or see footers/track that allows us to determine where block breaks will be, I can only see a handful of locations in the circuit that are very likely to be block breaks. Adding that with a few trains in the station at a time gave 6 trains as a safe and conservative estimate, but I in no way intended to imply that it may not, in fact, be more.

Here I am just wondering what Uniforms team members might have for this? I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan, so I know very little but I love all of the Uniforms I've seen so far in all the attractions. In my honest opinion, the Uniforms of the team membors and attraction attendants +'s the experience!

I agree about the Wizarding World uniforms thus far. What the uniforms will be like on this ride will depend on the theming. Modified prefect uniforms seem likely if we're being loaded into thestral carriages or something similar. A blazer or short cape like these below would be cute.

Attachments

• jqjk_hp_ladies_blazers.jpg
    jqjk_hp_ladies_blazers.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
  • harry-potter-hogwarts-uniforms-lolita-style.jpg
    harry-potter-hogwarts-uniforms-lolita-style.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Some of my best coaster memories are of coaster rides while it was raining, with the one time special effect of water slamming into me. Actually increases the thrill. Here in the northeast, all of our parks are primarily coaster parks with 'very few if any' indoor attractions, and it rains nearly as much as it does in Florida, and we have lots of thunderstorms which occasionally creates a period of downtime. But, if you want a long coaster, the weather is part of the price. As I said before, I doubt anyone is going to put up a 7 to 8 acre building to accommodate a coaster. The added building cost would really take away from any theme budget.

Last edited:

I can't imagine there being preshows similar to Gringotts as it would slow the queue down and to have that high capacity, the queue will be constantly moving, especially with a loading platform. Everest has a 2000 guests per hour capacity and that's with a train leaving every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.