Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, sorta surprised they announced this just because when was the last time UOR announced anything... but at the same time, in the wake of D23, I'm also not shocked.

Yeah, the timing of this definitely feels reactionary to the D23 announcements. Although I love the uptick in Disney threads here, glad we have something else CONCRETE to talk about for UO.

Yes- which is why I would prefer it to not be the SFX. Would the SFX be the best? Yes. But I look at things as a whole and diversity is key. HP areas don't need SFX as much as they need a family dark ride. Sorry guys :(
No need to be sorry, it's not a family dark ride so we're still happy.

So can we go ahead and:
-Move Hippogriff to border the forest (and might as well rebuild it a la Hulk while we're at it)
-Add Shrieking Shack (via queue of new ride or a separate walkthrough w/ spells)
-Build a large viewing area for the castle show
-Add 2-3 more Shops on Train side of Hogsmeade
-Build Black Lake w/ Boat Docks
-Take Boat from Hogsmeade to Castle (near current Exit shop) to eat at the Great Hall (check in to occur before boat ride)

AND get this ride? Pretty please? :D
Now THAT would be insane. Take an expansion of that magnitude, in combination with Diagon Alley- and it wouldn’t even be close. SWL would still dominate the news, but HP would certainly steal lots of thunder- the main benefit being the “comparison” articles that would come out and mentioning how much more diverse and expansive the HP areas are (because its essentially 3 expansions over 2 parks). HP would win hands down. Personally, I believe it still will win the comparison articles- but that type of hype w/ the 3 dining experiences and night show (viewing area) would elevate it even further.

I'm excited- I just don't want ONE ride with all that space.

ETA: Small question- does FotH ride differently in Hollywood vs Orlando? I know its a tiny coaster- but with one being a retread and almost 20 years old vs the new one- is there a discernible difference in smoothness?

Woah woah woah clam down there! Nothing we've heard or seen suggests they're making modifications to the existing land or moving Hippo.

Also, has Universal ever made an announcement like this with zero concept art?

Not in recent memory. This appears to be a clear knee jerk reaction to get something circulating in the public to try and counter the momentum Disney is riding from D23

Woah woah woah clam down there! Nothing we've heard or seen suggests they're making modifications to the existing land or moving Hippo.

I'm just mentioning a plethora of things that could be added with that massive plot of land.
I'm not much of an "imagineering" guy- I'll save that for @LJGonz But to hear about a single ride replacing an area of that scope is a little disappointing. I'm all for it, but this is one of those moments I'm thinking "that's all?" I just hope they have a long-term plan for this area. In particular Hippogriff- it's in prime real estate for the castle show- and when it takes off this Christmas Season- I think it's going to be a cluster F. I don't see how they can truly flesh out the area without moving Hippo.

I guess I wouldn't consider that as a family dark ride, I was thinking more along the lines of Peter Pan being a family dark ride. The "coaster" part of the description rules out the family dark ride description for me.
Funny you mention Peter Pan. When I saw the Mack Inverted on Arthur and HTTYD- my first thought was "ET and Peter Pan- but a much better ride mechanism". :D
Just goes to show things sound different to different people

I'm just mentioning a plethora of things that could be added.
I'm not much of an "imagineering" guy- I'll save that for @LJGonz But to hear about a single ride replacing an area of that scope is a little disappointing. I'm all for it, but this is one of those moments I'm thinking "that's all?" I just hope they have a long-term plan for this area. In particular Hippogriff- it's in prime real estate for the castle show- and when it takes off this Christmas Season- I think it's going to be a cluster F. I don't see how they can expand the area without moving Hippo.
I agree, and I think we will be getting more than just a ride like @Brian G. said. They could be saving announcements for later, make this into an entire event.

I guess I wouldn't consider that as a family dark ride, I was thinking more along the lines of Peter Pan being a family dark ride. The "coaster" part of the description rules out the family dark ride description for me.
Many Disney coasters have dark ride sequences... and so does Universal as I consider Mummy and Gringotts to be part dark ride.

Random thought, but instead of moving the hippogriff coaster to make more room for the castle show, I wonder what the logistics of moving the Olivanders building would be? Obviously not move the physical building, but build a new one and tear that one down. If they move that, the small building next to it and the stage, they can open up Hogsmede for foot traffic and make more room to see the shows. The buildings themselves shouldn't be that expensive to rebuild. I'm not sure about infrastructure as I want to say that small building is some sort of power building. None of this is probably in the plans, but if they wanted to open things up, this might be one way to do it.

Yeah, that area is too huge to use on just one coaster tbh. They could fix all of the space-restricted problems current Hogsmeade has will all that land.

Well I guess I have no reason to return any time soon. I don't care for Harry Potter. I was ok with the changeover in keeping the dragons, but oh well.
I just noticed your sig. Nice seeing two Carowinds coasters in your top 12. I live near that park :)

Status
Not open for further replies.