Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't forget the obligatory universal water-in-your-face

Oh yes, gotta have some water spray!! Looks like we'll be pretty low to the water at various points on the ride. I'm sure somewhere we can expect a little H2O!!

As far as the smells, I am hoping for some fire and brimstone smells through the ruins (like the fall of Rome scene in Spaceship Earth). Right after Hagrid or not Hagrid's hut would be appropriate as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I have been thinking about is how forceful or exciting this coaster is going to be. Is it a family coaster or a jr. coaster? I mean it seems like it has elements of being exciting enough for enthusiasts but tame enough for kids to ride. Much like Forbidden Journey. I just hope it doesn't end up being like Slinky Dog. it looks pretty but is not very exciting.

One thing I have been thinking about is how forceful or exciting this coaster is going to be. Is it a family coaster or a jr. coaster? I mean it seems like it has elements of being exciting enough for enthusiasts but tame enough for kids to ride. Much like Forbidden Journey. I just hope it doesn't end up being like Slinky Dog. it looks pretty but is not very exciting.

They've been marketing it as a "Family" coaster, but it will all depend on the definition of the word "Family".

When they made Escape from Gringotts, they leaned more "Family friendly" as it has a height requirement of 42" (as opposed to FJ's 48" requirement). This means kids could ride from around age 5ish (average height for a 5 year old is 43").

If I had to guess, I'd wager this coaster will be similar in nature. Have a 40-42" height requirement with a similar level of "Thrill" as Gringotts.

I'd guess that it'll be the next step up from Mummy in terms of thrill level. Could be a good transition between Mummy and Hulk.

:huh: *scratches head* I guess you could have Arthur in the preshow, but I feel like the whole devils snare rescue scene can be more dramatic with a mysterious voice saving us. Then, just before we turn around the corner to the unload they are revealed waving at us. I personally was really hoping it would be Sirius Black or someone more like Remus, Moodey, or a student but that was just a dream of mine. Arthur isn’t who i was expecting but I’ll just hope for the best :shrug:

I'm personally still hoping for Luna Lovegood and a unicorn. #PrancingWithTheStars

I think Mummy is the top level of "thrill" this might have. They're aiming for a family coaster

My guess is the following:
1. Top coaster speed from station to Hagrid's Hut: 30-35 mph.
2. Hut to Spike: 45 mph max (probably for the hill leading into the new building).
3. Spike to Drop Track: Probably around 35 mph to get you up to the second level of the building.
4. Drop Track to Building: Probably 45 to 50 mph but not much more. It has an overbanked turn but doesn't go that high and so won't too much speed to continue to the final dark scene in the new building.

Again, a family coaster doesn't have to pin your ears back. It will go faster and feel faster than 7DMT or Slink Dog but probably not by a whole lot. The scenery and show scenes are what will differentiate this coaster. However, these are all guesses from someone who has no idea.

My guess is the following:
1. Top coaster speed from station to Hagrid's Hut: 30-35 mph.
2. Hut to Spike: 45 mph max (probably for the hill leading into the new building).
3. Spike to Drop Track: Probably around 35 mph to get you up to the second level of the building.
4. Drop Track to Building: Probably 45 to 50 mph but not much more. It has an overbanked turn but doesn't go that high and so won't too much speed to continue to the final dark scene in the new building.

Again, a family coaster doesn't have to pin your ears back. It will go faster and feel faster than 7DMT or Slink Dog but probably not by a whole lot. The scenery and show scenes are what will differentiate this coaster. However, these are all guesses from someone who has no idea.
No idea how good of a reference my recreation is, but that's not too far off from the speeds I'm using for it. The exact speeds I used are -
Launch 1 - 35 mph
Launch 2 - 41 mph
Launch 3 - 40 mph
Launch 4 (forwards) - 45 mph
Launch 5 (backwards) - 45 mph
Launch 6 - 47 mph

I realize this might be meaningless to 99% of people here, but this will probably be most similar in thrill to Big Grizzly Mountain. This is in a lot of ways just a more fleshed out version of that ride, which is a terrain coaster version of Everest (with working animatronics!).

More consistent pep due to all launches over two lift hills, a couple more show scenes, and the bonus of a drop. A bit longer overall as a result.

I could personally do with a tad more thrilling than Hong Kong's ride, which I think this will be with the launches versus lift hills. Plus the drop track obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.